Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Pot Usage
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

How often do you smoke it?
(No ending time set)
Tried it once, never used again.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Once a week
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Everyday
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Never used it.
61%
 61%  [ 11 ]
Use less then once a week, but more then once so far
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Raugrist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:38 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maybe I'm just ignorant here, but I can't see how inhaling smoke in any way could be good for you. Shit, even in church I try to hold my breath for long periods of time just to avoid inhaling the incense.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol, you hollow out an apple and light sum pot up in it, and use it as a bong. Then when your done you eat the apple(best part!)
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Haha, that stuff smells. We usually sit at the front so he brings it right in my face. Is you catholic?
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:27 am   Post subject: (No subject)

we were gonna try making a pumpkin into a bong on halloween, but ended up being too lazy and just smoking a real one... it'd be kinda gross through a pumpkin any way

the long term effects of pot on your health are far less than cigarettes, anyone who thinks other wise is just buying into the bull shit propaganda that the governments were putting out 20-40 years ago (starting from when they first illegalized it and fed the bull shit out of frustration that prohibition failed)...

if you haven't smoked pot before and experienced what it's like to be high, you can't really have a good understanding of whether it's good or bad. it may be bad for your health, but no body is dieing from smoking it and the people who are smoking it are enjoying themselves that much more. the way I see it, if I can still do everything I could before I started smoking pot, then it really isn't hurting me that much and I might as well keep doing it and enjoying it until I have a reason not to.

plus the amount of money the government wastes on preventing pot usage is ridiculous (total it's somewhere over a few hundred billion, probably more) and the thing is is that it's obviously not working, people are gonna keep smoking it whether the government wants them to or not.... I mean it's like the government trying to make sex illegal, it's just something that can't be controlled.
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

How can cigarettes be worse in the long-term than marijuana if a joint is the equivilent of 7 cigarettes (or something like that)? The problem with legalizing marijuana is that more people will be doing it, more people will be high more of the time, and in the future people will want to sue the government for allowing them the chance to smoke something that is killing them. People thought cigarettes weren't bad for the long-term at first...
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im guessing its because many ppl smoke marijuanna once a week or something.
octopi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yes, and the people who use it everyday, don't smoke as much as some cigarette users. a pack a day thats 12 cigarettes a day.

plus I'd also like to know where they get this magic 7 number from, is it an average?

you need to realize that people WILL manipulate things so it serves there purpose....do you seriously belive everything the anti drug organiations release? there is bias in everything.

meh you will die when your ready to die...if smoking doesn't kill you polution will. theres no point in limiting your life to give you an extra few years, if those few years are going to be pathetic.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos wrote:
How can cigarettes be worse in the long-term than marijuana if a joint is the equivilent of 7 cigarettes

uhh have you thought about what's in a joint and what's in a cigarette jonos?
joint - marijuana, a purely natural plant.
cigarette - tobacco, rocket fuel, tar, nicotine, etc.

also, look at how many people get cancer from cigarettes and how many get it from pot (I'll give you a hint, no one gets cancer from pot)

plus the "a joint is the equivalent to 7 cigarettes" is most likely not comparing them for their long term health effects, it's most likely comparing their short term physical effects (like how you feel after smoking it). which is still kinda bull shit... it's like comparing being high on pot to being high on shrooms to being drunk ... they just aren't the same.

octopi wrote:
meh you will die when your ready to die...if smoking doesn't kill you polution will. theres no point in limiting your life to give you an extra few years, if those few years are going to be pathetic.

definately. you will die eventually any way, what difference does it make how long you live?
sure some will say "oh but what if so and so smoked pot and died a few years younger he never would have done this or discovered that" to that I have to say this... what if that person had never been born in the first place? what if they were murdered? what if they hadn't done whatever because they just didn't want to? would it really have mattered? if it was absolutely necessary that they do this or that for humanity to survive, then it would have been discovered or done by someone else eventually.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/evidence-select/cannabishealth.htm
bugzpodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

and I thought I was having some serious issues...
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You probably still have some serious issues.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes Yes! compsci's potheads group, we should make one!
oh and yeah... i've tried them all.. almost... pot,coke, k,shrooms,speed, and more... but my brain's still working ok...i think...
But dont you do it!

btw "Puff Puff that maaaaan!"
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lol cigarettes dont even make you feel good. at least marijuana makes you feel good
octopi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

jonos,

Quote:
Drawn extensively from a technical paper by John Witton,
National Addiction Centre.

I wonder what mr witton will have to say about drugs, since he works for a anti-drug organization....aka biased.
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Maverick wrote:
lol cigarettes dont even make you feel good. at least marijuana makes you feel good

man you dont even know how good it feels to feed an addiction!
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 3  [ 40 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: