Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Crosshair....without showing the cursor
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
gamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:26 pm   Post subject: Crosshair....without showing the cursor

yes there a way to display the cursor as a crosshair, but do not show the cursor (so u dont see the arrow)
how would u do this
*i tried searchin for this but couldnt find any...so i had to post new topic
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i do not blive you can remove the cursor but u can draw it under it. the only way to get ride of it was in DOS truing but that no loger works in turing to my knogale.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
gamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

o that sucks
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow, this question gets asked all the time Rolling Eyes I think we should make a post

[Tutorial] Hiding Cursor with turing wrote:

you can't
cursor is controlled by OS API and since turing (4.0.5 and below as of right now) has no access to outside API it is impossible to do.

unless you write a mini app in C++ or VB and Sys.Exec those at startup of your program. Don't forget to Sys.Exec another app to return to previous state so that you don't lose your mouse Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
zylum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

shouldnt you be able to do this using commandline??? i dunno
gamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well i cant write another mini appz like that.......but thnx anyway
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

.... someone .... WRITE A PROGRAM TO HIDE CURSOr .... in c++... that would KICK ...then of course make a program to SHOW the cursor...

also... tell the user to make sure they use the IN program EXIT button**that u create... or they will loose their cursor Wink

Challenge:
if anyone makes a program in c++ or w/e that hides the cursor and makes a program to show the cursor afterwords... and that can work in turing using the Sys.Exec command... i will give 20-50 bits...... or more if it works really KICK ass...

common ppl.... start making!!!!!....

*** i dont really need to hide the cursor at the momment.... but i could think up some could progies afta......\

but i am merely doing this for the sake of all compsciers!!!! since i have TONS AND TONS OF BITS~!!!!! me love bits.... but me love wicked progs too!!! Wink
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Y'know, this actually used to work back in the day. And I'm not just talking about DOS turing. It was version 3.11 or something and there was a command called Mouse.Hide and Mouse.Show and it could really hide the cursor when the mouse was inside the turing run window.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
gamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i saw in the help sayin i can use "nocursor" for either setscreen or view.set, it says it'll hide the cursor or sumthin, but then when i tried it it doesnt work at all, why is that?? then wuts the point of this "nocursor" thing?
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

its for hiding that flashing thing when turing waits for user input.
gamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

o....lol sry for that stupid question
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i though of something!!!! may not work cuz windows prob has it under READ only or something...

make a CROSSHAIR cursor....

and COPY it to the cursor folder.... rename the default cursor to blah.cur then rename the CROSSHAIR cursor to the normal pointer name.,.... then at the end just rename black and delete the CROSSHAIR....

... though of something..... ude need to read win.ini or sys.ini to find the current cursor being used... Sad

but theorectically that would work... Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it may, but there is no way i whould whont that to run on my comp. think of what whould happen if the progame crashed while reading to one of thous files or if u messed one up or just leaving my cursour like that....

also i have a fealing that u whould need to tell windows to read thos files agaen and cahge the setings. but i am not shure. ether way dose not sound like a good idea to me.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
gamer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:07 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i aint doin that lol
btw, hacker dan u got lot of spelling errors Smile
Delta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thats ok Dan is allowed to Smile ... he owns this joint for the most part (lil does he know I have been plotting against him since the dawn of time) but as I was saying... his spelling is atrocious (so is mine, just not nearly as bad Wink ) .... good job on noticing Wink
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: