Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 fp ideas
Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:04 pm   Post subject: fp ideas

hey me and azn_s need some help for our fp, we're intending to make triple triad from FF8, but we want to make it better, ie online play, ogl flipping action, voices, short videos. we're also intending to rip on every card game known to man. ie magic: abilities pokemon: damage counters+energy cards ygo: head of meng, arms of meng, and legs of meng (meng is azn_s) and u win the game and some poker stuff too, plz post some suggestions, and if we take ur suggestions, u'll get some bits ty
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

if you rip off card games, won't u have to come up with pictures too? are u just gonna rip the pics off the internet and put ur face on them? lol. you COULD always make gunbound and include everything u've always wanted. Meng the forbidden one Laughing
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Keep the gameplay as close to anime as possible. And by that I mean, for every rule that exists in the game, have another rule that contradicts it which only shows up at a key part of the game. Wink
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

alright, nice...now, if I can get off my lazy ass and learn some compsci instead of bio.....

anyways, I need graphical ideas, like the background of the card, and the frame of the cards, can someone help us with that? I am not very artistic myself, and I don't think dodge is either.

dodge: dude, i failed art in gr school...
Paul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you can prolly rip off card pics using this some software, like yu gi oh cards using GBA roms, many of them show pretty clear pics, I can't seem to find a website with a list and pictures, but if u want to know where to get the ROM just PM me. Magic u can prolly get off of Magic the gathering online or something, I'm sure u can dl it.
http://www.pokeorder.com/yusica.html
also lots of pics here.
Raugrist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:10 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, the design on the YGO cards are total crap. Try scanning in a MTG card for the back and the frame, then just design your own pics and descriptions from that. Y'know?
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

as for the pictures, we'll most likely get most of them off tta...
AsianSensation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

or we could take pictures of people and then put them on the card. I have a card for dodge right now:

Andy
Atk - Max
Def - Max
Ability - When this card comes into play, you must yell "OMG it's coming to get me!!!%##$@" and take damage equal to your life total minus 1, or lose the game.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hahahaha thats awsome! azn we should be in the game as the final ppl u battle against... we are having ai rite?
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

You can find the newer magic sets in PDF format, you'll find that easier than scanning. At this stage of the project you should probably nail down the actual rules of the game. The coding will be hard enough without your rules constantly changing on you. If you are looking for good game ideas Legend of the Five Rings is one of the best (I can bring some cards in if you want to see them).
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

w00t thx sir...

O CRAP proposal is tomorro.. DANG IT!!!!!
   Index -> General Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: