Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Assisted/Non-Assisted Suicide
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay, so basically what this thread summarizes for all the knew people:

It is ok to commit suicide, but if you justify suicide with idiotic things such as "My parents hate me", "I have no friends", "I'm addicted to too many drugs", or "I'm 8 years old and I'm pregnant", then you are an idiot and commiting a selfish act thinking that you're the only one you have and that no one else can help you.
If you are not mentally capable of comprehending what it is that you are commiting [suicide], then you are not an idiot, you are just unhinged and should have gotten help or seen a counselor. The problem with a counselor though is that if you stop seeing them, they can't tell anyone (like my uncle who stopped seeing his counselor after a stressful period in his life and ended up killing himself a month later).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:21 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sorry to hear about your uncle. But I'm not going to change my stance out of sympathy. Mentally Ill people, let's say down syndrome... are still individuals. Although having a lower mental capacity, still their own. If they want to kill themselves, that's fine with me. If they are 8 yrs old and are pregnant, because of rape or your own free will.
1) give up for adoption, murder is murder, no matter what age the unborn child is.
2) even if it is rape, you'll still have mental issues after abortion due to guilt of killing child off. You might get over it with help from a psychiatrist, but like you said... It's better to just not killed the child, unless you wnat a fuck load of mental anguish.

Quote:
If you are not mentally capable of comprehending what it is that you are commiting [suicide], then you are not an idiot, you are just unhinged and should have gotten help or seen a counselor...

I never said that. I actually said that if you do want to commit suicide, at all, then you are an idiot.

No offence, but even in the most troublesome of time, I see no reason to commit suicide. If your uncle did, well then... I can't really do much about that. But I still think there's other things he could have done.

Because look at it this way: If you don't realize that there's other options you can do, if you don't consider other options, of you think life's just not worth it anymore, then either you have massive angst syndrome, or you are just an idiot for not using your intelect (if you have it) to find an alternate/life preserving route.

Hope this doesn't make me seem like some insensitive clod, but I'm just telling it like it is.

EDIT: I'm contradicting myself with the "bukkake scenario". So I'm going to take that back. I don't care what the reason is, bite one of the fucker's ears off. make a run for i t, if they kill you.. ohh well, at least you tried to escape. Suicide should just not be an option. If you do it, I won't feel sorry for you.

RE-EDIT: If you're 8 and pregnant. I think you should have been raised better by your parents. Because if you get branwashed easily by some dude into licking his balls and letting him jizz in your crotch, then that girl was not taught good desicion making.
jonos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:33 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

No no no, my summarization wasn't about only your posts - I was trying to make collective of everyones.

As to my uncle, he had worked at the Quebec ice storm helping all the French Canadians, had had to work around 18 hours a day every day, had to take all the shit that some assholes gave him (because of course the ice storm was his fault), and then come back home and no one really understand what it was like to have deal with all the pressure and taking shit. His parents and grandparents and great grandparents all had histories of depression and he just couldn't deal with it. That didn't mean he was stupid or an idiot, his damn counselor didn't even understand what he was going through - all his counselor did was ask him if things were alright at home and he wouldn't even accept what my uncle had to go through during the ice storm. You may not see a reason to kill yourself, but have you ever been in the frame of mind that suicidal people are in to prove that. I know I haven't, which is why I still question today why my uncle could not get help instead of locking himself in his damn garage and "falling asleep at the wheel" as I was told. If he really wanted to kill himself, then he has a right to kill himself and not be labeled an idiot for it, he was a really smart person and he was an awesome uncle so I don't think that his suicide should forever label him an idiot.
I know where you are coming from and I respect that, but maybe if you have experienced what I have with my uncle (maybe you have, I don't know) you might see differently.
templest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

My brother killed himself because his girlfriend dumped him. That makes him, in my eyes, an idiot. Why? For reasons stated above. The same applies to anyone you tell me. I don't care what the fuck has happened in your life, I don't see any point in killing youself. It's stupid, it's just stupid. No matter how harsh, no matter how lame, It's stupid. And I have no respect for those that kill themselves over anything. There.

I figured my brother was smart and blah, blah... But after that, I simply don't regard him as highly as I used to. Actually, not at all. I see him as a coward, and as a, well, idiot.

idiot, idiot, idiot... I don't care what the reason is. I think you're an idiot for killing yourself. Period.

You have to be an idiot to not find a better way around the problems in your life then cracking your face open in half.

fucking morons!

That's why I say: If you consider killing youself, and hate life, blah, blah... Do it. You deserve to die. Just do it, and stop making such a scene. We have better things to do in our lives than feeling sorry for you assholes. That's why I've come to my descision of just not giving a fuck if someone kills themself. I won't feel sorry for them.

Fuck! If we all killed ourselves for the same reason most people kill themselves, there'd be no more humans left.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But at least all the idiots would be gone.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: