Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Abortion
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Do you think abortion should be legal?
(No ending time set)
Yes, freedom of choice!!
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
No, its bad and wrong
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Undecided
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Tony

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:05 am   Post subject: (No subject)

templest wrote:
DO WE KILL OF THE WEAKEST OFFSPRING AND JUST LEAVE THE STRONGEST AND HEALTHIEST ONES?

not to argue with templest (note to self: don't argue with templest Laughing ) he makes an excelent point.

I'd just like to point out that our society that is overly obsesive with everybodys life and individualizm could have in fact reversed evolution to a certain extend. I'm not saying that we should cancel 911 program or leave weak people to die (that's just wrong), but such view on life in today's society might have made an average person (minuse the daily dose of medicaments, vitamins and other drugs) physically weaker then we were at some point Thinking

Back to abortions though - that's a no, let the kid atleast try to live a life. If it doesn't work out... well... there's always suicde Confused Which is another controvercial topic - should a person be allowed to end their own life?

oh the world we live in today Rolling Eyes
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
templest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Quote:
should a person be allowed to end their own life?

Why not? That's their decision. Who needs people that hate life walking freely anyways? I know there's the whole "angst" thing. I say, put a minimum age. Try life for 18 years, If you're not satisfied, we've got a variety of options for you to go out with style. And there should be valid reasons. As in, if you think your life is over because your boyfriend dumped you... then no... actually, yes. If you want to commit suicide because of something so inane, then you probably deserve death. My whole notion is that other people can't decide life/death for another person. But if you have valid reasons, which are unhelpable, sure... I'll lend you a barreta.

ie: $7,000,000,000 in depth to the mafia... BOOM! Those fuckers'll torture ya'. Might aswell go out painlessly.

Commited mass genicide? Go Hitler style... blow your fucking face off.

I, honestly, think people that are suicidal are weak, stupid, aren't worth anything to society (I wouldn't hire someone that has no will to live, they'll do shitty work. It's not like they care how well they do.), and are basically a burden. Therefor, If they want led in their face, I won't stop them.

But then there's other factors involved. If the person want's to commit suicide out of reasons created by other individuals. ie: A rapist locked you up and there is no way out, seriously. No way, guaranteed 100%. And he was going down with a team of 12 guys daily, to bukkake you for the rest of your life. I can understand that. And will lament that greatly, because it could have been avoided. But those fruitcakes that jumped out of windows when the stock-market crashed in the U.S., don't have my simpathy. They should have strapped in their balls, and taken the beating.

On a side note. Individualism is a plus+ the way I view it. Think if all of us were exact drone copies of an original source. Someone could make a chemical virus that would remove the entire race in a day, ie: some defective copy, that was born suicidal.

Quote:
"If everybody looked the same, we'd get tired of looking at eachother."
-Groove Armada, [If everybody looked the same]

Not taking that quote literally. Think about that. It's true. And this feeling would make people want to look differently, therefor spawning individuality, and directly resulting in "evolution".

I for one, believe individualism is what's kept the human race existing this long. Have it any other way, and we would have all died off somewhere in the 60's... B.C.E.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 32 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: