Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 need a little bit of help [DDR]
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
omni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:15 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think what tony means is to get rid of TURING GUIS. Make your own from scratch. Draw your own boxes, then do a loop with mousewhere in it.

proc drawOWNmenu
drawboxes..
end drawOWNmenu

loop
mousewhere
(if user clicked on the box area, then do whatever that button was supposed to)
end loop

A good rule is don't use someones routine if you can't understand it yourself.
In other words, dont use TURING GUIS.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:40 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont know how good a rule that is...

i mean if u falow that stricly, i dont think most poleop could uses put or get. u know that it puts stuff on the screen but no one knows exctaly how b/c we can not see the code for it.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

nightcrawler - reason that Turing GUI will screw you over is because it is badly writen and it hoggs the processing power (that never ending ProcessEvent loop).

Does shannon use MSN? Thinking or just tell her to actually read compsci once in a while - it might help her with teaching Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
nightcrawler938

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, shannon doesn't know all the answers, but still is a great teacher, well today i discovered that removing GUI speeds up my arrow movement, Turing pusts this natural delay of (3), err, well now i need to determine wether or not to use hasch or input key down Thinking
heres my new improved code!

DDR4.T
 Description:
just the source code

Download
 Filename:  DDR4.T
 Filesize:  11.42 KB
 Downloaded:  115 Time(s)

Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

defenatly Input.KeyDown if you want to have two players and/or have two arrows pressed down at same time
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
nightcrawler938

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:24 am   Post subject: (No subject)

acutally, i started using GUI.SetEventKeyHandler,it works well, but a few bugs
equs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Shannon is a great teacher. I am in michelas class and his code is great and his program is good, just its to compliated.Well to complicated for me. IM having trouble making a grid in snake and collision detection. I wonder if Tony could help me? lol. Tony were you in Shannons class?
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

equs wrote:
Tony were you in Shannons class?

yes Laughing grades 10 and 11 CS

snake eh? ask Shannon about turing v3.1 snake days Wink Fun times. The code was horrible though, I used to be such a bad programming Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
nightcrawler938

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

tony, input.keydown doesn't work so well, should i put it in my game procedure or call it separatly Question
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

huh Confused what do you mean?

Idealy you would call it right before you check user's input.
nightcrawler938

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:29 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i mean that, the computer can only recieve input before the music plays and the arrows move, so i've tried decrlaing it as a procedure, then calling it the game procedure, i've kinda tried to put the input in the game procedure but it doesn't work
white_dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

try foolin round with forkin the process and procedures. tat might help a little.
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no, no processes Evil or Very Mad damn it people, if there's one thing you don't fork - that's input!

Now then... the reason input doesn't work is because you never call the procedure Confused That largely has to do with the fact that you have GUI. So you have to put your game loop inside of the GUI loop
code:

Music.PlayLoopReturn %or something
loop
draw background
draw arrow
Input.KeyDown
process input
exit when GUI.ProcessEvents
end loop
nightcrawler938

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

makes sense, however i assume that process input is the input recieved from the user
nightcrawler938

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:23 am   Post subject: (No subject)

tony, i think i solved, my porblem, just wanted verification, since my arrows are picture files, could that be the reason why, i recieve input before arrows showup Question Question Question , because i have started to draw my own arrows
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 4  [ 47 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: