Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Borromean Rings
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:01 pm   Post subject: Borromean Rings

Here's something I saw a few days back. They're called Borromean rings, and the idea is that they are three rings which aren't linked yet can't be pulled apart. Shocked

So I made this rendering of them.
Not the greatest render, I hadn't used Blender in a while and I got kinda excited about the new raytracer. It took a while just to render like this, so I didn't really want to go back and make adjustments. I may do so later though.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

sexienes!!!! blender looks cool, would you recommend blender vs. 3d max? nice colours and glows and stuff.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's pretty hot looking... I am thinking about loading up 3ds max 6.0 and getting back into it
Amailer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

noice...
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Amailer wrote:
noice...

Hehe. I don't know if that's a typo or intentional, it just reminds me of my friend. In algebra whenever he writes a solution on the board he adds "therefore, toight loik a toiger." Confused Razz

jonos wrote:
sexienes!!!! blender looks cool, would you recommend blender vs. 3d max? nice colours and glows and stuff.

I'm not going to make up a comparison chart between Blender and 3DS Max... not right now anyways.
But here's something for you to consider:
- Are you willing to spend quite a bit of time adjusting to and learning about Blender's unique and intuitive user interface? (not recommended if you are accustomed to 3DS Max's interface already)
- Do you think orange crayons smell different than the rest?

If you answered yes to the first, then I would recommend that you try Blender out. Just give it a try, if you are serious about learning 3D.
If you answered yes to the second...

Anyways. That's the basic problem that people who don't like Blender tend to bitch about. They think the interface is weird and stupid, they whine about the lack of an 'undo' feature (one was recently implemented but I'm too accustomed to not using it), and they never take the time to learn even the basics of the program just because it's so unlike anything they've used before.

I like Blender, it's easy to use once you get used to it, and damn, back in the day you could actually fit the thing on a floppy disk and still have room for your models and textures! Now it's bigger, but still small (about 2-3MB). If you or anyone else starts using Blender I may write some tutorials for it, although you can find more here (but some are a bit old, Blender has had some changes recently).
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: