Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 3Ds Max 6 ... n00b question ... very n00b
Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:40 pm   Post subject: 3Ds Max 6 ... n00b question ... very n00b

I most fimilar with LightWave ... and i recently got 3Ds Max, and was looking for the part of 3Ds Max that is like the modeler in LightWave ... sorry if the easyness of the question offends anyone ...
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:02 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what do you mean by "modeller"
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:41 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

lightwave is a piece of shit.

3ds isn't broken into the modeller and animator... there's just one interface... just look for some simple tutorials about modelling and animating and you'll start figuring out where everything is
Kuntzy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:34 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Thanx, I've found the modifiers and other stuff, i just can't figure out how to get the render to render the screen from my camereas point of view.
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

PaddyLong wrote:
lightwave is a piece of shit.

Wow, have you even seen anything made in Lightwave3D? What are you basing your statement on?
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

you click on the top left corner of the view to bring up its config menu, from there you can select a camera... left/right, top/bottom and any custom cameras you've got in your scene

then when clicking render, make sure you have that camera selected (work window selected for quick render I think)
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Graphics and Design, Graphics -> 3D Graphics
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: