Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Death of Intelligent Spam
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well at least i know that tripod doesn't usually allow hotlinking of pictures, developer. thats a new insult now, so its better to be a lamer than a developer who is supposed to make sure tony doesn't run after his tale. im proud to be A LAMER. yahhhhh.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Maverick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:13 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

im sorry i didnt know it was a tripod site lamer. Be Proud!
Mazer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:42 pm   Post subject: Re: The Death of Intelligent Spam

Anybody remember what this topic was about?
Dauntless wrote:
O my brothers, it seems that nowadays the Spam area of Compsci.ca is rife with useless spam. It is as if thousands of headless chickens have infested this section, and now it suffers from the aftermath of this avian stampede. Now, there is nary a spam thread worth subscribing to, nary a spam thread worth reading on a regular basis. It appears that the previous quality posts like LKF have been eradicated in favour for the numerous chicken droppings like movie discussions and verbal diarrheists, such as jonos (no offense).

It seems that in the days I have been gone, at least ten new threads have sprung up from the fecal waste, like dung beetles from the.....dung.

It appears that now is the time where I should make public again my bid to become a Spam moderator. I implore you, my Spam brethren, to bring back the intelligent spam where the strength of a thread is not found in the number of miniscule posts within, but with the unifying strength of the all the interesting points that the worthy posters bring up.

Let's bring a stop to this Chicken Age of Spam, and usher in the Dauntless Age!!!

Wow. Does spam get any worse than people talking about their fancy new 'lamer' rank?

Honestly people, I used to frequent a Blender message board, and one day somebody actually started a topic in the offtopic section about whether people wipe their asses whilst standing or sitting. And you know what? The ensuing discussion was by far more intelligent than almost everything I've read around here lately (for those who may care, if I remember correctly it was 40% for standing, 45% for sitting, and the remaining 15% claimed not to bother).

Why is it that people can rarely stick to a topic for more than a page worth of posts before talking about something else? I know I'm guilty of this too but I just had to ask. It just gets really annoying when a topic turns into a turn based chat room for two or three people who happen to be online at the same time and bother to check for new posts every few minutes.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hallelujah, I was just about to scroll down and say how ironic it is that Maverick and Jonos, the Queens of the Junk Age are crapping my thread up. Way to cover, Mazer.
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:22 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

maverick started it
Dauntless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The point of this thread was to encourage meaningful spam, and discourage the crap like what you just posted. Stuff like that would be bit farming and would be outlawed in any other section, but not here. So while there is no technical barriers preventing us from making suckage, hopefully you'll put up some "ethical" barriers.
Maverick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Jonos no need to continue the meaningless spam.
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:57 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

From here on in, I will promote the posting of meaningful and intelligent spam in a format unknown to you ignorant pigs.

It must come to your attention, therefore that a thread was created in accordance with Mazer's post, concerning the wiping of one's ass.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dauntless

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I heard that was really successful, in that it was locked immediately. Way to go with the intelligence.

But I'm glad you're promoting good spam. Start with yourself, censorship isn't always a bad thing.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hey, props for trying.
jonos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i bow in honour of the great dauntless.

His ability to make see all that is wrong with the world and the community known as the spammers has enlightened not just one faithful follower, but many. I will cease to post in this thread because I have nothing intelligent to say concerning this topic anymore, unless someone makes fun of me, which then I would have to partake in some violence of smilies and voodoo curses. I pray to the immortal buddha that I will forever see the light of the great dauntless formost in my mind. Amen.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:20 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Amen.

However, humility dictates that I should not accept such grovelling. No, that would imply that I am on the same grovel-worthiness as Tom Coutsos, which I am not. Please cease and desist.

P.S. When finished praying to Buddha, jonos says amen.
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:54 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

should he say afatman instead? haha look at the unintelligence.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 28 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: