Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 How is compsci.ca?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Do you think compsci.ca has gotten better or worse?
(No ending time set)
Better
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Worse
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Stayed the Same
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

programer007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

wow... this site is realy cool.... having all the help for Turing, and a place for all for your programs so people can talk about it and nice search functions.... there are a lot of typos floating around tho... has anybopdy though of adding a Speel Check..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I haven't been here anywhere near 6 months (and I didn't vote) but overall I think the site is getting better.

Improvements since I came:
-cTeam and their cool comics Smile
-Other Basics forum <-- growing!!!
-# of members is growing
-new good / cool / active members are arriving such as Jonos, PaulBian (he joined before I technically, but only became very active after I arrived), and zylum.

This is a great site. However, that does not mean that there isn't room for improvement. All the suggestions for improvement posted in this thread should be carefully considered and many of them implimented. With that, compsci.ca will improve over time, steadily.

Here's one suggestions that I have: When I came here, the Turing submission's page was filled with amazing programs. Now, however, it seems that anyone posts programs there and a lot of them (no offence) suck. looking at the turing submissions from the mx page, it probably doesn't help to attract users if they see turing prog that rolls a die Confused

Anyways, just my thoughts..
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:52 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think this site is WICKED... aside from the fact that i CANT upload any attachments bigger then 2MB... i have a 10 MB quota.. but there is some Bug in compsci for my account... it somehow did not get changed from the old 2MB quota i had for account

but... yea... the number of MODS is increasing to better serve and protect....

only thing i have beef with is: the number of posts in HELP forum for turing... its getting a little pathetic and insane... if you DONT understand a simple fricking FOR loop after the teacher tellz you.,.. Comp science may not be for u
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

if anyone has filled up their upload quota - PM me (or dan) and we'll review your account and adjust your upload quota appropriatly
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:19 am   Post subject: (No subject)

the_short1 -> i am still looking in to that, lol. may be if i upraged your qoute more?
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:18 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Catalyst wrote:
worse; the number of posts is increasing but most of the posts are useless with nothing relating to compsci

i agree 100%... man if u shut all these stupid spammers up... actual programmers and people that understand something from computers might actually join...

right now we got 1213 registered users... but i can't name more that 15-20 users that actually understand something from computer science Rolling Eyes

The spams have gotto stop!
jonos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:09 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i think more people than that can understand programming, its just that spamming is more fun sometimes then looking at code all the time. i think everyone starts out as programming all the time and helping people on this site which still happens, but there are more times to spam then to help people with programming. most of the people who spam spam because there is no one to help at that time.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:56 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I think Spam is a sort of comic relief section for any programmers who discover it... So although people like me, who stick to Spam, don't contribute much programmingwise, it's not that big a deal is it? I know the elitist programmers don't like when something gets done in a less-than-perfect fashion regarding programming, so why not just leave that to the pros? We do what we do best; provide interesting discussion.

Btw, I hate that this post is in GD. I'm diluting my SR. Spam Ratio.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
the_short1

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

SR!!! cool stuff.... except this topic is pretty old isn;l it???

yea... i made up VDG very dam good.. and i say that lots...

btw.... compsci is doing a VDG job with all the new smilies and such Smile
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:25 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

while hopfully it will get better over the summer, i have been very busy with school like most of the other mods and admins and have not had time to update the site much. parts like the weekly quiz, main poll and comic site have gone with out updating for a bit due to this.

But we are plaing a hole new verson of the site (or at least i am) to be made over the sumer. so may be we will see compsci.ca v3 by the being of next school year.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

is it worth it??? making v3 and have to go thru all the bugs... down time... and all that..???? wouldn't it just be better to do a good thourough overhaul of v2 and do all the updates taht are on 'the list' to do???

cuz like it is right now... it works faily dam good...rxcrpt for stupid server issues.... would it be posible to host the server at ur house dan??? no issues cuz of server... unless u turned comp off Wink **that may be a stupid idea... but im boiling hot so i may not be thinking rite...
Tony

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:48 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

yeah, we used to host the site out of dan's basement when we were still called s.w.a.t.... The server could handle a whooping 10 connections at a time Laughing
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
the_short1

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

well... with new computers of today... couln't dan get one that could hand;le more ?????? like maybe 50 would be perf.... since our record of max users is only 40..
Dan

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

The isuse is not in the computer power it is in the bandwith. It will be 100s of times faster when hosted with them. The downtime they have whould be smaler then if it was hosted by me due to all the crazy stuff i do to my network.
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:50 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

of course the bandwidth...

wait...... this may be a stupid question but here it goes:

Can You have Multiple NIC cards in a computer then have multiple different internet streams at once ????

like have lets say 3 NIC cards on PC... then have all 3 hooked into a router that kicked ass... then have the router hoooked up to a SUPPER fast cable modem??

u can have more then one nic card installed..... so to use more then one for internet... hmmm......thats the hard part i wouldn;t know...
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 6  [ 82 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: