Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Who actually...
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
da_foz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:49 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Where are you that they are teaching VB? I learnt it in highschool have have not touched it since. Did 2 years of Turning, then in OAC did VB. Took me about a week of class to learn the basics. We did not get into much advanced stuff.

Personaly I rather something where I can code it myself. Just makes me happier, although Java Swing can be a real pain.

The thing VB is great for (I have not used it for this as of yet) is protoyping a design. You can make a layout and let people see it very quickly. They click on around a bit to see where things take them, but nothing actually works. Great for testing, or so they tell us in school (University).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:47 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

that's interesting. probaly not what ms wanted, but ha
rizzix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:59 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Hacker Dan wrote:
Homer_simpson wrote:
so i prolly should ask Dan to .take me off VBMOD Confused

pff, i am to lazzy to do that. u still know more about it then me. lol

lol death trap.. once u get in .. there's no way out Shocked
Brightguy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Who actually...

Actually VB is my primary language. Besides Turing, that's the only language they teach at my school. But after the first month or two there's actually very little teaching, just heaps of programs to write... I've read up on C++ but haven't used it very often, unfortunately.

So anyway, if you're looking for a more active VB board maybe I'll stick around there. I'd be happy to offer any help that I can. Smile
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 19 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: