Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 The Diary of an Angst-filled Drama Queen
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mazer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:52 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Well, I'm not sure how this has to do with anything but...
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Remember what you said, now. Go and kill Tom Coutsos.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you were calling naoki bear now... doesn't matter. You still have to hold up your end of the bargain.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dauntless

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:55 am   Post subject: (No subject)

I dunno....smells like a doctored photo to me...But discretion is the better part of valour. You will have his beautiful head on a stake by noon.
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:39 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Im not sure. That looks real to me. But im not one of those CSI guys
naoki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

actually, considering how people in naruto can summon animals, i'm guessing that a bear should be one possibility. after all, they have summoned frogs, puppy dogs and monkey kings.

bearsex no jutsu?
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:58 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what!!!? i don't think ive made it that far yet. i guess i will just have to read a lot more. i still think sexy no jutsu is the best jutsu, next to your bearsex ones.
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

God, I see no ANGST, we're going off topic. Geez, stick a sex in any word and turn it into japanese...
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:04 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this IS angst. angst is reading naruto when we should be doing doing normal stuff like trying to get laid and stuff, but instead we are rebelling against others our age and achieving more angst-level then them. does that make sense?
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

WTF is naruto. And who cares?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
jonos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:16 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

!!!! naruto is life biatch. narutofan.com and go check it out for your soul's sake.

wasn't trying to be rude or anyuthing with biatch, ive just been wanting to say it for a long time, but its' a pretty gay word so i won't use it again.
Dauntless

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here's an actual piece I wrote for the Pluralist writing contest, that I'm submitting tomorrow... It's not angst. It's a prose piece, and you can read it to find out what it is about.

Cold Morning
Prose – 218 words

Dawn breaks dreary and still. A death-grey forest of barren trees and lifeless shrubbery is arrayed on a steel-grey canvas pierced with the virgin rays of dawn. Like lazy fireflies in no hurry to alight on the ground below, early winter snow drifts gracefully down. One flake lands cat-like on the eyelashes of a hunter below, but he lies perfectly still; such is his art. He is like a lioness waiting in tall grass, with brutal claws ready to dispatch her prey; his concealment, synthetic camouflage; his prey, a noble stag. In his hands lie pain and instant death; his mind is awash with the heady intoxication of holding power over life. One slow, smooth pull and the stag dies of lead-death. The Lord giveth, and the lord taketh away. Viewed through the clear glass of his scope, the crosshair-pinned monarch of the woods seems too real, too vulnerable. By now the sun has been born of the cool womb of dawn, and the outreach of the fully manifested saffron sun brings warmth to him. Abruptly the hunter’s illusions of godliness are interrupted, and he realizes he cannot bring himself to kill it. Filtered gold spills through the spindly arms of warmth-starved tree branches above as the hunter trudges off, pondering what it is to be merely human.

Tell me if you can see the sort of plot progression too (Hint: The two arcs involve [environment, man]. So basically like [0,0], [5,5]. Except the two "coordinates" are details about the "scene")
Dauntless

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Additionally, Men In Hats (meninhats.com, by Aaron Farber) featured an angst-modification poem. This is the original;
{

Oh this horrible thing called life.
I wish everyone would just shut up.
I hate the world and I am alone.

}

The modified version, by Aram, one of the characters.

{

Oh this horrible thing called religion.
I wish Sam would just shut up.
I hate the Jesus and I am sick.

P.S. God sucks.

}
Aram then runs off and hands the poem to Sam, the confession stand guy.

Don't be offended! No way does anyone condone this type of thing!
Here's the original strip: http://meninhats.com/d/20040209.html
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:44 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Dauntless wrote:
Here's an actual piece I wrote for the Pluralist writing contest, that I'm submitting tomorrow... It's not angst. It's a prose piece, and you can read it to find out what it is about.

Cold Morning
Prose - 218 words

Dawn breaks dreary and still. A death-grey forest of barren trees and lifeless shrubbery is arrayed on a steel-grey canvas pierced with the virgin rays of dawn. Like lazy fireflies in no hurry to alight on the ground below, early winter snow drifts gracefully down. One flake lands cat-like on the eyelashes of a hunter below, but he lies perfectly still; such is his art. He is like a lioness waiting in tall grass, with brutal claws ready to dispatch her prey; his concealment, synthetic camouflage; his prey, a noble stag. In his hands lie pain and instant death; his mind is awash with the heady intoxication of holding power over life. One slow, smooth pull and the stag dies of lead-death. The Lord giveth, and the lord taketh away. Viewed through the clear glass of his scope, the crosshair-pinned monarch of the woods seems too real, too vulnerable. By now the sun has been born of the cool womb of dawn, and the outreach of the fully manifested saffron sun brings warmth to him. Abruptly the hunter's illusions of godliness are interrupted, and he realizes he cannot bring himself to kill it. Filtered gold spills through the spindly arms of warmth-starved tree branches above as the hunter trudges off, pondering what it is to be merely human.

Tell me if you can see the sort of plot progression too (Hint: The two arcs involve [environment, man]. So basically like [0,0], [5,5]. Except the two "coordinates" are details about the "scene")

It's about a guy camping in cs_office during a round of counter-strike.

Right? I'm not going to pretend I ever try to understand poetry by myself, but I'm curious as to what this one is "really" about?
Dauntless

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Oh, it's not like a hidden meaning.

It's like this; it starts off cold and bleak, and the hunter is like a machine. He's unfeeling towards the fact that he is about to kill something. He feels like he's a God, because he can has power over life. Right now, if he wills the stag to die, it will die. (No pun intended...it was completely p-unintentional Twisted Evil ) And that proverb comes to mind. But it has an unexpected effect; he remembers the giveth part. As the dawn bursts into day, he warms up and feels compassion and decides to show mercy. He walks off feeling like a human, and thinking of the ramrifications of that.

If Kevin read this he'd be like, stop camping! Such a n00b! But he wouldn't be able to say spray! Or, knowing him...

Oh yeah, the progression thing I was hinting at was [cold, machine-like], [warm, human].
Dauntless

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Here's the latest Angst from Jeriah, the clown:

A Haiku by Jeriah

Yo, sadness is like
all up inside this nigga
East coast forever

"Well, that was an interesting twist on your usual works."
"I aimed it for today's youth market."
Dauntless

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:00 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

More angst:

Sadness is like cherry blossoms
I hope you find the irony in my nihilism
The flower is in full bloom
It falls to the ground
the cold hard ground
All because
the world
is
a
horrible
place.
All
-------because
-----------------------te world
------------hates
everything.
F**k the man.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 5  [ 74 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: