Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Compsci.Ca Mascot
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Martin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:06 am   Post subject: (No subject)

A fish would be cool...jumping into a sea of code Wink

That or maybe a dolphin/whale.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheXploder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:07 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well I think a 2D artist should draw a side view image and a front view image, and I could model it easily in 3d...
.hack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:08 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Darkneses Avatar scares me =/

w00t for fishy. But u gotta use that one that whatbitcolor has, its so cooool!
naoki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Sorry Cervantes, you're one of the few new joiners that doesn't suck. Want examples? Ask Azn_S for some "outstanding posters" in Turing Help.

Darkness wrote:
Well, here are my ideas.

I like the hand touching the earth idea, but I think it would be cooler if it was wires sprouting up from the bottom of the earth kinda like a tree of life idea. Then the continants could be shaded with a bunch of green binary, and the oceans blue binary, with a similar colour scheme to the banners that we already have
?

The Earth has no bottom. So if they did come from the bottom of a sphere it wouldn't make much sense, like everything came from Antartica.

Okay, I've thought about a combination of ours Darkness. The wires could be sprouting from the centre of the earth (perhaps that's what you meant) and the wires stretch all across the globes. The 5 really thick wires will connect to the fingers, sorta like those science balls that had electricity coming out of the centre. The continents and oceans could stay with your binary color scheme.

I think that seriously sounds pretty good. A lot better than going back to the old SWAT logo, where it was just 3 cartoon people lying around. Makes us all look like lazy bastards
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what is this? do i smell naoki sucking up? cervantes, the nxt thing u noe, he's gonna ask u to bear his children Laughing
PaddyLong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naoki man you're taking this way too seriously/literally ... a logo doesn't have to be anything related to the product... just something that is unique and identifiable to the product Rolling Eyes
recneps

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naoki wrote:
creepy grade 10's

I resent that comment. And i Think anything including electronics stuff is good for a logo Smile even just a C and S superimposed kinda thing. ( like my SpenSoft logo for those who have seen my FP)
Andy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:53 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

naoki, as i can recall, u were the creepy gr 10 last yr
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:55 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the best is a earth right , with one side on an agnle that is covered with the green and blue , and some detail , and hte other sid ( like 60 % - 40 % ) is wireframe that just shows what the earht is based on , so like untextured to textured , it loks cool i made one before
the_short1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:05 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i like shorthairs comment on making a wireframe and a normal texture... having the Blue and Green binary would also rock, somehow incorporate a C and a S, i dont know about the hand thing.... just have a Globe signifying that programing is the Earth's Core and stuff....having continets conected by like Fiber Optic cables (all colors) would be cool....anyhow this is a wicked logo brewing up.... also the one that was just made... forgot now.. was pretty good for 30 min... what program????mind u i didn;t take no Com tech in high school so i Graphics Eliterate.... i do all mine in MS Word (WordArt)... god i only gr.10...but i can see what that person meant about creepy.... lots of them are and/or are retarded....
or act like 2yos...

p.s. http://yoga.at.infoseek.co.jp/flash/kikkomaso.swf

Kikkoman Soy Sauce ad is WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!! where do u get this stuff??

god... i would hate to see that on TV if i was Japaness or Chinese.. taht soy sauce is good tho... ive tried it......
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i could put hte globe on the inside of a C * How would that look do you think )
the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:08 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i dont know what u mean shorthair..... can u draw a quick 1 min sketch...??
shorthair

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:46 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

This is a 35 second sketch in rhino to reinforce my idea , the proportion is wrong but its the concept im tryinf to get accross , dos that help you short ?

earth globe.jpg
 Description:
BAM
 Filesize:  11.24 KB
 Viewed:  1830 Time(s)

earth globe.jpg

the_short1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Yea,.,, helps lots////

if the globe still has the Green binary for Land and the blue for water...
and ad some color to C..

and acually have the earth's land acurate kinda...

then that is one GOOD picturte...
Cervantes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:49 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Have an S on the other side of the earth? the bottom circle of the S could envelope the earth like the C does. Only the S would be really big Eh
Computer Science is all around the earth, as well as the foundations of earth Smile

Whos' gunna make it?
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 6  [ 89 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: