Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Reverse Effect!?!
Index -> Off Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TheXploder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:26 pm   Post subject: Reverse Effect!?!

Ok, here is the thing... I've decided to act like I don't understand anything in turing and make it look like I am advancing slowly so that you'll give me bits for my simple programs, which will take me about 1min to create... I see, that being a noob at programming is better, for the bit status. When I came here I think one of my first posts wes the Battleship game or the Isometric prog, that was a bad choice for me, you end up better if you act Noob-Like, and look like you are progressing, lol this is so weird... Do any of you get this weird effect?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

it was the isometric I believe, no we don't (at lease I and we64) don't think your noobish, we think that your much more advanced than us, with your advanced games that I can't even dream to make at my stage. Anyone who sees your programs won't think your noobish.
Maverick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I guess ppl feel bad for newbie programmers so they give em bits. But i also see alot more bits giin to pppl who make good programs so i thinks its better to be good and make awesome progs.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dont spam with random 2 line programs (one being a comment Laughing ) for bits... else lots of people will be angry Evil or Very Mad
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
santabruzer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:13 am   Post subject: (No subject)

.... so don't do this :

code:
% This program outputs a 5
put 5
Mazer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:46 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Holy shit! Well done, santabruzer!
+allmybits Claping
EDIT: Don't worry, tony, dan, I only had 8 bits.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:28 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The problem is related to the relentless spamming of the Turing Help section as well. The 2 bits awarded should be for someone who posts something usefull not simply :
Quote:
"Wow that's awesome. Can you post the code?"

Although off-topic posts are part of the fun, the recent exponential rise of fluff has started to anoy a number of people. Don't worry X, bits are far from everything, just because people aren't standing in line to give you bits or tell you you're a great programmer does not mean your contributions are not appreciated and respected.
Amailer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:10 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

this should be in the spam or GD? it is talking about turing... i think...or am i confused? hmm damm..
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TheXploder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:11 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

so you think I should act like a noob (at programming), cause I think I am better off acting like a noob (at programming)...
recneps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:17 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

helps if you HAVE bits to give to newbies....
Martin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Bugz has the most bits on our site, and he's definately one of the best coders on the forum.
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:45 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Don't get insecure about what other ppl think of you, I mean when you posted this topic, it pretty much said you not a noob programmer, even if you say you should "act" like one. I mean, come on, most of our class can't understand what your doing cause your so advanced, now if you can only turn that worrying of yours to string manipulation...
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:57 am   Post subject: (No subject)

The bits thing does encourage spam, so we might end up getting rid of it one day.
Mazer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

YAY! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TheXploder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:38 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Yes, I know that I'm good at programming...
But I think this forum should have an evaluation of your skills not of your spamming abilities...
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 2  [ 27 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: