Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Raknarg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

I think we should take out the time wait for post edits, if possible.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
scholarlytutor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

Even today the programmers I meet often used Turing in high school, and one teacher I spoke to last year mentioned that a good number teachers are still using Turing. Turing Plus is also still in use at Queen's university to some degree.

So if this is the main go-to site for Turing related questions, I feel that this should be mentioned on the home page. Otherwise, it may be worthwhile to have a new website dedicated to the next generation of Turing-learning high school students. Most of the activity on here was prior to 2010.

Ric Holt passed away last year. We need to keep this wonderful language alive.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Suggestions for Improvement to CompSci.ca

I am not sure how much of a demand there still is for Turing related content.

Other langues like Python are more powerful and still provide a simple syntax for beginners. There have also been many developments since Turing in terms of educational programming languages. Scratch for example is a popular tool with educators introducing programming for the first time.

Another issue is that the traditional internet form format has lost a lot of popularity. Now formats like discord, stack overflow type sites, video based content and social media seem to be more popular for people seeking educational resources.

That being said, I plan to keep this site online for as long as I can.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 5  [ 63 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: