Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 What do you think the future of Turing will be?
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
scholarlytutor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:09 pm   Post subject: What do you think the future of Turing will be?

I really enjoyed learning how to program with Turing back in high school (and even as a kid in my case), and I still enjoy using it. I feel that if I had learned a language like Python instead, it would have been a rather different experience. Also, while Python is easy to learn, I don't believe it prepares programmers as well for languages like C and Java.

What do you think the future of Turing is? It seems like there are still schools that use it, but for how long? OpenTuring was a great development, but that does not seem to be going anywhere. There is also Turing+ for Mac and Unix, which is available to download from the Queens University website ( http://research.cs.queensu.ca/home/cordy/pub/downloads/tplus/ ), but there seem to be almost no resources for that. I wouldn't mind putting some time and effort into supporting the language, but as I did not end up completing my degree in computer science, I feel that anything I could do would be limited.

But enough of my opinions... what are your thoughts?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: