Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I really love computer science but my average is very very bad?!!
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
yazzywazzy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:39 pm   Post subject: I really love computer science but my average is very very bad?!!

I've had a passion for coding and anything computer related all my life. I'm in grade 12 and it's really close to the time of applying for university! I'm trying really hard in math but i just cant seem to do well. I want to go to concordia and the minimum average required is 80% and most certainly do not have that. any tips or anything? i have no idea what to do
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:59 pm   Post subject: RE:I really love computer science but my average is very very bad?!!

University math doesn't get any easier than high school, and most compsci programs emphasize a lot of math. That said, Concordia isn't the only university, and university isn't the only option. Wherever you end up, make sure you keep working on and finishing personal projects. They might well turn out more valuable than the degree or diploma.
Clayton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:41 pm   Post subject: RE:I really love computer science but my average is very very bad?!!

My suggestion to you would be to look up online resources for the topics you are struggling with and spend the time pounding it into your brain. Khan Academy on YouTube is an outstanding resource that you may be able to make use of in your endeavor. Additionally, find practice problems, re-write your notes and try teaching the subject to someone else. All of these things help cement what you know and make it much easier to recall when the time comes.

Is there something specific giving you problems?
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: