Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Trouble loading pictures and variables
Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
TipsyCzar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:45 pm   Post subject: Trouble loading pictures and variables

I created a program (still not finished) where the user picks certain toppings for a pizza, which loads an image of those ingredients on the screen and adds the price to an already existing base cost. The user can also multiply his order.

I can't seem to get the images of the toppings onto the screen when I run the program, neither can I display the price (integer variable).

I attached the Visual Studio 2015 file to this post. It contains the necessary images as well.

Turing's still fresh on my mind, so it's probable that I'm just unwillingly screwing over the syntax.

pizza project5.zip
 Description:
contains visual Studio 2015 file and 5 jpgs

Download
 Filename:  pizza project5.zip
 Filesize:  110.37 KB
 Downloaded:  309 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
TipsyCzar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:30 am   Post subject: Re: Trouble loading pictures and variables

Updated version : got the pictures to work, but I'm still having trouble with the variable. I can't get it to display itself on the screen.

pizza project6.zip
 Description:
visual studio 2015 file and 5 jpgs

Download
 Filename:  pizza project6.zip
 Filesize:  110.33 KB
 Downloaded:  229 Time(s)

5c0r910n

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:11 am   Post subject: RE:Trouble loading pictures and variables

I wish I could help you but I'm having trouble viewing the actually turing code. Next time upload the .t file as well.
TipsyCzar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:23 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Trouble loading pictures and variables

5c0r910n @ Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:11 am wrote:
I wish I could help you but I'm having trouble viewing the actually turing code. Next time upload the .t file as well.

Turing code? This is a Visual Studio 2015 file. I sent it through Google drive before, and it's worked fine.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:44 am   Post subject: RE:Trouble loading pictures and variables

Ha, I assumed it was Turing too. Didn't notice it was VB until I saw the files in Turing's 'open file' dialog.

I'm afraid you won't find much VB help here- compsci.ca is great for Turing but not much else. I've never used VB in my life, personally.
5c0r910n

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Trouble loading pictures and variables

oh, oops, sorry. Forgot I wasn't in the turing help index
   Index -> Programming, Visual Basic and Other Basics -> Visual Basic Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: