Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Turing Paint Program Help
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Rodzy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:33 pm   Post subject: Turing Paint Program Help

What is it you are trying to achieve?
<Replace all the <> with your answers/code and remove the <>>

What is the problem you are having?
<Answer Here>

Describe what you have tried to solve this problem
<Answer Here>

Post any relevant code (You may choose to attach the file instead of posting the code if it is too long)
<Answer Here>

Turing:

<Add your code here>

Please specify what version of Turing you are using
<Answer Here>

My program needs to have a paintbrush tool in it but I can not seem to understand how to get it to work. The line at the bottom that shows the boundaries of the canvas is where I need it to be entered. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

PAINT+PROGRAM (3).T
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  PAINT+PROGRAM (3).T
 Filesize:  15.54 KB
 Downloaded:  131 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:41 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Paint Program Help

What have you tried so far?
Rodzy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:44 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Turing Paint Program Help

Insectoid @ Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:41 pm wrote:
What have you tried so far?

All I've really tried is putting a drawoval with the mousewhere as the co-ordinates after the boundaries if statement at the end but all that happens is it draws 1 circle and not a continuous line
Rodzy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Paint Program Help

Using this

if mx >= 140 and my >= 120 and mx <= 800 and my <= 500 and oldbutton = 0 and button = 1 and object = 9 then
xanchor := mx
yanchor := my
elsif mx >= 140 and my >= 120 and mx <= 800 and my <= 500 and oldbutton = 1 and button = 1 and object = 9 then
midx := (xanchor + mx) div 1
midy := (yanchor + my) div 1
drawfilloval (midx, midy, 2, 2, clr)
end if

Has worked but the line wont follow my mouse directly
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:24 pm   Post subject: RE:Turing Paint Program Help

First of all, what happens when you div something by 1? This probably isn't the cause of your problem, but it's something you should realize is silly when you're writing your code.

The line won't follow the mouse because you never draw where the mouse is. Think about it, if your anchors are (10, 10) and the mouse is at (20, 20), where will the oval be drawn?
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: