Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Text appearing and dissappearing in Turing.
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Gaming Lyfe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:43 am   Post subject: Text appearing and dissappearing in Turing.

I am having trouble figuring out how to create a program. I want to make the screen white, display different words that appear and dissappear after a couple seconds, then display my background and my animations.
The words i want to display
1st screen
"There has been a zoobreak!"
2nd screen
"Zoo animals are on the loose!"
3rd screen
"Be careful!"
I know how to locate normal text on screen, but this problem is throwing me off. if you could point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Filipe_rei_123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Text appearing and dissappearing in Turing.

Here is a code i came up with quickly, I hope this might be what you were needing... If you have any further questions, just reply back. Very Happy
Example Code:

MOD EDIT: Please don't give out the answers, we like to help you figure it out yourselves![/b]
Insectoid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:05 am   Post subject: RE:Text appearing and dissappearing in Turing.

cls will clear the screen for you, including erasing any text that you've displayed. delay(n) will pause the program for n milliseconds. delay (500) pauses for 500ms, for example. Remember that there are 1000 milliseconds per second. You should have no problem doing it with these two commands.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: