Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 I Need Mario To Jump, But I Can't Figure Out! Help!
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
master-awesome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:32 pm   Post subject: I Need Mario To Jump, But I Can't Figure Out! Help!

I have managed to make Mario reach up, but I still need him to land to the ground.

Game Test.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Game Test.zip
 Filesize:  8.52 MB
 Downloaded:  353 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:41 pm   Post subject: RE:I Need Mario To Jump, But I Can\'t Figure Out! Help!

So have you thought about how you might do this?
master-awesome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:52 am   Post subject: Re: I Need Mario To Jump, But I Can't Figure Out! Help!

Yeah, I have thought about this and applied it with delays. I don't know how to make Mario land to the ground and I haven't been taught the jumping thing yet. It would really help if I was shown an example or a tutorial about this.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:33 am   Post subject: RE:I Need Mario To Jump, But I Can\'t Figure Out! Help!

There is a tutorial for jumping actually.
master-awesome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:52 pm   Post subject: Re: I Need Mario To Jump, But I Can't Figure Out! Help!

I just checked out the tutorial for jumping and it wasn't as difficult as I expected. Basically, you apply another variable and you call it jump and of course for character to fall, there needs to be gravity. Now logically, gravity alone would not make sense. You must also include when the character lands because if you just apply gravity, the character will fall right into the ground. When you think logically and read through the jump tutorial, everything makes a lot of sense.

Game Test.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Game Test.zip
 Filesize:  8.52 MB
 Downloaded:  432 Time(s)

scratchykatty123

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:53 pm   Post subject: RE:I Need Mario To Jump, But I Can\'t Figure Out! Help!

I need help making a 2-D photo of snoopy on a house.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:03 pm   Post subject: RE:I Need Mario To Jump, But I Can\'t Figure Out! Help!

Maybe you should post somewhere a little more relevant, or start your own topic.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: