Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Looking for an outline
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:39 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

* in the U.S. (above, and the following Forbes quotations are about U.S. figures)

If you go to tech hubs with competition for the talent (SF, NYC, Seattle) then interns make 70~80K, and start at 100K fresh out of college.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2014/03/07/the-highest-paying-internships/

On the low end of the spectrum, one could insist on living in a region where tech is not a major part of the economy, and have difficulty finding a job.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:49 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

Quote:
How the heck do you hyperlink on this forum

code:
[url={your url here}]your text here[/url]
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:00 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

simply including a string that parses as a url should do the linking automagically.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
bubb4h0t3p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:54 pm   Post subject: RE:Looking for an outline

If by template you mean general format, I would say it'd be something like

initialize global variables

declare starting values for these variables

declare any procedures/functions for main loop

main loop, used for executing any repeating code in your program/ output
bubb4h0t3p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Looking for an outline

Also, the way I learned was similar to Insectoid, in grade 9 (when I made this account) I stumbled upon Turing downloaded to our schools computers, I decided to learn how to use it since I wanted to take grade 10 programming anyways. Every lunch for the entire year I went into the computer lab and practiced, learning new things from the tutorials on this very website, in the beginning I was as clueless as you could get but I wanted to learn and enjoyed the challenge, I've gone from "Hello World" to some pretty complicated stuff when I finally just finished my grade 10 programming final assignment, you learn by putting time into it that's all.

I'm going to take this sentimental moment to thank Tony, Dan, Cervantes and everyone else for helping me learn one of my favorite things from the very beginning I am not worthy. I've decided to become more active on the forums from now on, as I'm going to do a coop program with my teacher next year to teach the next grade 10 programming class as well as taking grade 11 programming, so I might as well keep sharp on my skills until then Very Happy
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 20 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: