Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 my turing work can anyone else do this if so post results please
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
pennywise458

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:41 pm   Post subject: my turing work can anyone else do this if so post results please

Assignment #3 - Country Scene
Write a program (named: A3 ? last name, first name.t) that draws a nice country scene. Include some trees and shrubs. Include a home or cottage. Include a path that leads to the building. Draw a full moon/sun that appears in a random location (different place every time we run the program), but it must be in the sky (not below the horizon). For example, it could look like this (except yours is a lot better):

There will be marks for originality and creativity. Simply recreating this boring scene will get you 0 marks for creativity. See the examples for inspiration. Do NOT copy.
Comments are important for this assignment. You need to comment each component. For example,
% A white window in the top right corner of the house

You can add this program to the bottom of your house assignment if you'd like some help figuring out coordinates. Remember to delete this helper code before you hand in your assignment.

var x, y, button : int
loop
Mouse.Where (x, y, button)
Text.Locate (1, 1)
put x : 4, " ", y : 4
end loop

You can use this program to find the integer values for the non-basic colours.

for i : 0 .. maxcolor
colorback(i)
put i:4..
end for

Marking Scheme
Remember, if Ms. Tam cannot decipher the picture you don?t get marks. For example, if it is supposed to be a tree, it needs to look like a tree.

Thinking

 Creative, beautiful, and original design (6) _____

Application

 Trees (two) (4) _____

 Shrubs (two) (2) _____

 House(building, windows, door, roof) (4) _____

 Path (from door) (2) _____

 Sky and grass (2) _____

 Sun/moon in random location in sky (not off screen) (4) _____

 Process Work (3) _____

Communication

 Filename (1) ______

 Overall organization, style, and layout (4) ______

 Opening comment (name __, course __,assignment # __,
purpose __, due date ___) (2) ______

 Variable dictionary (2) ______

 Internal comments (4) ______

A3 - Country Scene.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  A3 - Country Scene.doc
 Filesize:  58 KB
 Downloaded:  210 Time(s)

A3 - Country Scene.doc
 Description:
these are the files

Download
 Filename:  A3 - Country Scene.doc
 Filesize:  58 KB
 Downloaded:  167 Time(s)

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Zren

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:49 pm   Post subject: RE:my turing work can anyone else do this if so post results please

No.
Tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:28 am   Post subject: RE:my turing work can anyone else do this if so post results please

Perhaps you should have started working on that assignment sooner than 2 days after the due date. Ms. Tam's late assignment policy seems very lenient though. You can submit a file with nothing but a comment describing the assignment, and after the late penalty you'll _still_ get a better-than-zero mark. Damn, that's easy.

http://ics10eci.blogspot.com/
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: