Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Music files fail to load
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
J-son

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:43 am   Post subject: Music files fail to load

This has never happened to me before- now all of a sudden my program decides to glitch on me.

When my laptop loads a file with Music.PlayFile ("Name.mp3") the laptop freezes for a second before playing the file.
For most of my music files the laptop just hiccups before continuing the program.
On my last file in my music array the entire laptop freezes repetitively, each time it reactivates a new window called C:\Users\...Name.mp3 pops up and then disappears.

It used to say the window was ffdshow, so I uninstalled that, but the problem persists.
When this occurs no music is played and the entire computer hiccups constantly, only using a small % of CPU though. (2.35 ghz of 3.35 total)

I'm not sure why this happens because on my desktop the music files run smoothly with no problem.
My desktop is slower then my laptop too. (2.93 ghz)
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
amz_best

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:40 pm   Post subject: RE:Music files fail to load

What did u try 2 solve the problem?
/*
Did u check if the file is even in the same folder?
Did u check the type? (.mp3 or .wav)
Did u try restoring a previous version of the file?
Did u make a list of recent changes you've made?
*/

There is a reason we have a procedure when asking for help with turing. plz follow the guidelines next time you ask a question.

and: You might want to post some code cuz, i dont think u would need an array for music xD
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Music files fail to load

Quote:
There is a reason we have a procedure when asking for help with turing. plz follow the guidelines next time you ask a question.

There is also a reason we have rules about spelling out entire words instead of using shorthand. This isn't twitter.

As for OP- this could be an issue with your computer. Unless someone has had this exact problem before it might be a pain to figure out what's wrong. Did you make any changes to the system recently, like installing new software or updates, changing a setting, etc.? Are you experiencing any other issues with the machine?
amz_best

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Music files fail to load

Turing:

var MusicSpamChecker : boolean := false

process
Music.play (blah blah)
MusicSpamChecker := true
end process

if MusicSpamChecker := true then
MusicSpamChecker := false
end if

put MusicSpamChecker

Do something like this along those lines and you can see if it works (i havent actually tried the code, so u might wanna change some of it...)
J-son

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Music files fail to load

I forgot to update this thread-

The problem was my laptop.

My testing methods:
1. Redownloaded music- failed
2. Repositioned folder and contents to D: drive. failed.
3. Created new program that only ran 1 music file. failed.
4. Downloaded .wav and ran it simultaneously. .wav success, .mp3 failed.
5. Tried on another laptop. success.
6. Restore point (1 week earlier). failed.
7. Opened music from file itself (not using turing). failed.

In conclusion I restored my laptop to factory settings- it was not a problem with turing.
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: