Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Computer Science Vs Computer Engineering
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
EnuP

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:32 am   Post subject: Computer Science Vs Computer Engineering

Hello Everyone!

I will starting university in fall 2014 and I am really confused about which university and which program to go for. I have been accepted to Computer science at University of waterloo and Computer engineering at University of Guelph.

1) which degree is more reputable and better career wise?

2) which school is better? and where will I learn the most about my field ?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:45 pm   Post subject: RE:Computer Science Vs Computer Engineering

Industry wise -- UWaterloo. Pick out a few companies with strong technology focus, and see how many employees come from UW vs. Guelph (LinkedIn is a good place for such research. Adjust for the size of universities).

CE does give you an option to pursue P.Eng after graduation, but in practice I think few people actually do that. You milage may vary. If you are just interested in a few courses, you'll likely be able to take such as electives -- CS is typically a more flexible program.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: