Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Help Me Decide [Guelph, Ottawa, Carleton]
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Which University?
(No ending time set)
University of Guelph
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
University of Ottawa
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
University of Carleton
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
York University
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

karolhu

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:52 pm   Post subject: Help Me Decide [Guelph, Ottawa, Carleton]

I got accepted to the following universities for their CS program: Guelph, Ottawa, Carleton, York.

I'm not sure which to choose, and honestly have no idea how each of them ranks. I know that waterloo is the top university for CS, but I was not accepted due to my 82% average. So if you could please tell me which university you think is better for CS and why I would be grateful. Keep in mind that I'm going to do co-op.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
yoursecretninja

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:50 am   Post subject: RE:Help Me Decide [Guelph, Ottawa, Carleton]

I doubt the undergrad experience would differ much between those schools. The undergrad CS curriculum is pretty standardized. Generally, schools make a reputation for themselves for research, graduate studies, professional schools, and teaching hospitals.

Also, it is hard to get an unbiased opinion from someone on this matter as most people only ever attend one or two universities.

I'd suggest taking a look at the requirements and electives for your program and choosing the school that has the most courses that appeal to you. Combine that with considerations of what you want out of the school in terms of student life and what you want to get out of the city you will be living in.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: