Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Online courses
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mirhagk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 am   Post subject: Online courses

I'm taking next semester off to work full time (to save up a bit for school) but I'm going to try to do a few online courses anyways. I've done one through Athabasca, and is was fairly good, but the price was the exact same as a regular course.

Does anyone know of any decent online university courses that offer a bit of a discount over traditional courses (ie less than $800)?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:10 am   Post subject: RE:Online courses

I've been taking Coursera classes. It's free, but you don't get any accreditation (there's a ~$50 "signature track" that will verify your identity, but it's not a university credit). Since I already have my degree, that doesn't really matter.

I don't have experience with taking online classes as a part of accredited degree.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:23 am   Post subject: RE:Online courses

Okay, well I'm less concerned with taking courses for my own learning. Most of what I currently encounter (and have seen in 4th year) I've come across before, I'm mostly just trying to get my degree, but am unable to afford it.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: