Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Need help with "Ready to program java"
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
jattdaboi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:58 pm   Post subject: Need help with "Ready to program java"

So we use "Ready to program java" at school to code java .. however our teacher is not teaching us yet how to make a jar file. so i tried googling , and only found ways to do it in eclipse or netbean, but it is different for ready to program java. if someone used it or uses it , can you explain how to make a jar file out of the hsa console application ?

thanks.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:55 pm   Post subject: RE:Need help with "Ready to program java"

As far as I can tell, RTP doesn't provide any tools to generate a JAR file. This is probably because RTP is completely obsolete and lacks (basically any) features.

A JAR file is just a zip archive with some special meaning to the files it contains. You can create them from the command line (see http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/jar/build.html). If you do that, then you will need to include the class files from your RTP install: (rtp install directory)/Support/Ready Classes/hsa/ to have support for hsa.Console, etc.
jattdaboi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:29 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Need help with "Ready to program java"

DemonWasp @ Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:55 pm wrote:
As far as I can tell, RTP doesn't provide any tools to generate a JAR file. This is probably because RTP is completely obsolete and lacks (basically any) features.

A JAR file is just a zip archive with some special meaning to the files it contains. You can create them from the command line (see http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/deployment/jar/build.html). If you do that, then you will need to include the class files from your RTP install: (rtp install directory)/Support/Ready Classes/hsa/ to have support for hsa.Console, etc.

Oh ok, and do I need to include all of the class files in that folder or just the console.java ?
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:34 pm   Post subject: RE:Need help with "Ready to program java"

You should include all of them, because Console depends on other classes there.
jattdaboi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:48 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Need help with "Ready to program java"

DemonWasp @ Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:34 pm wrote:
You should include all of them, because Console depends on other classes there.

Ok thank you very much! Smile
DemonWasp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:18 pm   Post subject: RE:Need help with "Ready to program java"

I can't guarantee that will work (it should, but I can't be certain).

That will also not create an executable JAR file, so double-clicking on it will do nothing.
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: