Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Internet speed up
Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
goru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:28 am   Post subject: Internet speed up

I knew from my frs that the wireless modem will be speed up by doing something but they don?t know how! So anyone can help me out please if possible.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
mirhagk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:02 am   Post subject: RE:Internet speed up

Um what? There are many ways to increase the speed of wireless internet. Get a better internet plan, get a better router, get better firmware (with quality of service controls, ie block torrents when you're gaming or streaming). You can also even just add custom pieces to your existing router, most things conduct and you'd be surprised how you can extend the range by adding things (I taped a headphone jack to my antenna once, and ripped out the speakers in the ear buds to expose the metal underneath, actually worked pretty good, and gave me some good customizability with the range.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:32 pm   Post subject: RE:Internet speed up

In terms of local network speed you might get a boost if you upgrade both your WiFi router and all WiFi cards for the computers in your network to ones that support 802.11n (Wireless N). However, this could be costly and will only make tasks like sending a file between computers in your LAN faster and not things like downloading files from the internet.

There are tweaks you can do to optimize your internet connection speed, but unless you have something setup very poorly or an odd bottleneck you will not see much of a difference. Your best bet is to simply pay more for a better connection from your ISP.

mirhagk's suggestion of using QoS won't make your connection faster but might better prioritize your traffic to make it seem faster while you have bandwidth heavy applications running.

Unless you know what your doing I would not recommend messing with your firmware as you can brick your router/modem and make it unusable. Also modifying your modem's firmware to by pass any speed caps placed by your ISP is illegal and easy to detect.

If you are relay committed to researching the topic and willing to risk playing around with settings on your router, there are lots of sites out with tips and information to help you. You might want to try googling "how to speed up your wifi".
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
goru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:58 am   Post subject: RE:Internet speed up

I had to say it more cleanly. Like i use the USb modem which is Wi-Fi technology supported. My friends said to me about this even they did not get any success or may be they were unable to get more speed.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 am   Post subject: RE:Internet speed up

Best way to increase your internet speed is to move to kansas and get google fibre.
Cyril22

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 am   Post subject: Re: Internet speed up

This article will show you how to speed up Internet Explorer by modifying the maximum number of connections per server. This will allocate additional bandwidth and moderately improve your Internet browsing speed. This process involves editing the Windows Registry, so it may be a good idea to back up your registry accordingly.
finance

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:55 am   Post subject: Re: Internet speed up

goru @ Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:28 am wrote:
I knew from my frs that the wireless modem will be speed up by doing something but they don?t know how! So anyone can help me out please if possible.

I would suggest you to install Internet booster software to increase your internet speed . OR Follow the below steps to boost up your internet speed:

1. Clear cookies from your browser
2. Close unwanted background tasks when you are working with the internet .
3. Scan your internet by using standard Anti-virus software
4. Reset your modem and reconnect with the internet.
5. Test your internet speed often by using Scanmyspeed.com
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: