Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 IP Address Stuffs
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:04 pm   Post subject: IP Address Stuffs

I'm trying to get something working with my router, but for some reason, I can't change router settings for my computer (Linksys Smart Wifi). All the others work, but not mine. I've also noticed that my computer is associated with 4 IP adresses, while all the other computers on the network are associated with only 1 or 2. Could this be the reason my computer is doing this? And what causes all these extra IPs? I used to have Hamachi, but I have since uninstalled it, restarted, and flushed DNS.

Thanks guys,
Nathan
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
rdrake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:05 am   Post subject: RE:IP Address Stuffs

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say your computer is the only one on wifi. If so, routers often bar users from logging into the admin section on wifi.

Just IPv4 addresses or both IPv4 and IPv6? If both, I'd guess you have a laptop with ethernet as well as wifi, so that'd give you 4 addresses. The others, if only wired, would only get 1 or 2 (depending on if they support IPv6 or not).
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:15 am   Post subject: RE:IP Address Stuffs

I'm fairly certain they're all IPv4 adresses. And my computer is far from the only device on the network. In total, we have about 20 different devices usually connected (HUGE family). I'm on a computer not wired to a router, but connected via a wireless USB adapter. We also have 3 other computers connected via wireless USB adapter that only have 1 or 2 adresses. I'll keep screwing around with this and see if I can figure something out.

Thanks
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: