Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 how to change my name?
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
apomb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:11 pm   Post subject: how to change my name?

I was just wondering if there was any way i could change my screen name without getting a new login all together... plz
P.S. This is the greatest computer site EVER!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

no because when you set it up , its all directed to your username , like all my bits go to shorthair , so if i could change my name , my bits direction would have to be changed aswell , your username is concrete and dosent change
apomb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

OOOH ic ic thx n e way
Homer_simpson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:03 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i've been meaning to do that...but i'm sure if u ask Dan niceley enough he'll recode the system... to add names to our profiles Rolling Eyes
santabruzer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

the admin has the ability to change any data in a user's profile.. so if i was you, i'd ask Dan, and he'll probably change it.. good ol' PHPBB
shorthair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:28 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

But how much would dan need to change , i would think that alot of things rely on our username , and well if people start chnging there names , it just makes life harder for dan , ..... and your fairly new , jsut make a new account and transfer your bits to the new account , and ask dan t odelete the other one ,
octopi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:42 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Everything is based on account number, not name, I'm pretty sure its one change in the db....shouldn't be hard at all.
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:43 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

i can chage your user name if that is what you mean, but u whould have to login with the new name not the old one.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
apomb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:51 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Well thank you very much for all of the great advice...
UUM would Hacker Dan please concider changing my name to CompWiz333 if it is at all possible... Thank you again Smile
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:26 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

hmm.. how do you guys add a picture to your sig? Thinking Confused
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:27 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

there is a button when you are posting that says , IMG on it , you use that to link a picture to your message
Cervantes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:31 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

ooo thanks Smile
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:32 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

dONT GO CRAZY on the pics though , i cant stand those cursed huge avatars * Stares at Maverick , while he sidesteps away *
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:35 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

every body loves my sig!!
shorthair

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

I wouldnt mind it , if you updated it regularly dodge , casue the kikkoman story is really cool
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 3  [ 31 Posts ]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: