Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Waterloo program question
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Leo Crimson

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:31 pm   Post subject: Waterloo program question

So I logged into QUEST today and it said that I had been given a conditional admission for the last 2 programs, not Soft Eng. Thing is, my 2nd choice for Waterloo was Computer Science, Co-op which is now showing up as Mathematics, Honours; I might have put that as one of my alternates but I can't remember now. Does that mean I didn't make it into comp sci and just got deferred over to general math?

waterloo_admission_screenshot_cropped.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.85 KB
 Viewed:  596 Time(s)

waterloo_admission_screenshot_cropped.jpg

Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
crossley7

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:52 pm   Post subject: RE:Waterloo program question

Your best bet to know if you got an alternate offer is to wait for the official admission package to come in the mail. It is normally a week or 2 behind the online admission. That or check your email. Both of those will be more detailed and give you better info for if you got CS or not.

I will mention that first year math is actually the same as first year CS if you choose the 135/6 stream for the CS course but at half the tuition price.

You don't end up choosing alternates.. just 1 program that you say yes to and accept their offer and that is your program. Conditional acceptance is the normal acceptance and again, details will be in email or in the package that will come through the mail.
Leo Crimson

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:12 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Waterloo program question

crossley7 @ Wed May 08, 2013 6:52 pm wrote:
Your best bet to know if you got an alternate offer is to wait for the official admission package to come in the mail. It is normally a week or 2 behind the online admission. That or check your email. Both of those will be more detailed and give you better info for if you got CS or not.

I will mention that first year math is actually the same as first year CS if you choose the 135/6 stream for the CS course but at half the tuition price.

You don't end up choosing alternates.. just 1 program that you say yes to and accept their offer and that is your program. Conditional acceptance is the normal acceptance and again, details will be in email or in the package that will come through the mail.

Gotcha, thanks for the heads-up.
randint

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Waterloo program question

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
I applied to co-op, but only got regular.
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: