Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Student project if interested.
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
kisokumu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:23 pm   Post subject: Student project if interested.

Hello I have a dating software with a great niche and am looking for a Waterloo student to have a look at it and see if he or she would be interested in taking it as a side project. Please let me know. If you like the idea well great we can proceed from there if you don't then well and good I will thank you for having a look at it.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:57 am   Post subject: RE:Student project if interested.

It might be a good idea to let us know what kind of compensation/pay you are offering for making such a site. Far too often "idea guys" will seek out developers to basically work for nothing with promises of a share of profits that may never come.

I might suggest one of the outsourcing websites if you relay are committed to making this site for a low cost (e.g. rent-acoder, elance, guru, etc).
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
kisokumu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Student project if interested.

Well I am not too good at programming no clue. Was just hoping I can find someone who is really good at it and I will draw up all the ideas that I have on the table and he can look at it if he is interested then that's find. One thing thought it involved integrating gift card numbers with the website in a system so that's a pretty big task. The willing person will partner 50/50 profit with me. Profit mostly will be advertisement and many more. Let me know anyone is interested. Thank you all
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:31 pm   Post subject: RE:Student project if interested.

I am doing software contracting this summer, but as Dan mentioned, any smart software developer won't work for free, because developers always get the short end of the stick when it comes to working for share of profits. I will do a little bit of work with a company while they seek investment, but if they can't get investment pretty quickly, and can't pay me, I won't be able to work more than a few hours a week.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Student project if interested.

kisokumu @ Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:31 pm wrote:
The willing person will partner 50/50 profit with me. Profit mostly will be advertisement

If they are doing all of the implementation work, how are you providing 50% of the value to the venture? It could be via business connections (e.g. you already have those advertising deals lined up), sales skills, etc.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:24 pm   Post subject: RE:Student project if interested.

Just so ya know, ideas aren't worth nearly as much as people think they are. Ideas are easy to steal, and are worthless without any help.

I'd guess that almost every software developer who's worth his salt has a few ideas for projects that could make him/her some money, it's just not worth the risk (usually) to them, so why would they take risk to do something someone else wants to do?
kisokumu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Student project if interested.

Never mind I found someone already thanks for the comments
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: