Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Ide???
Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:23 pm   Post subject: Ide???

I've been using Python's IDLE for all of 45 minutes now, and I already hate it. It crashes spontaneously for no apparent reason, and takes ages to compile/run when it does manage to run. I need a new IDE. I've just tried PyScripter, but I got an error when I ran: "Python could not be properly Initialized, we must quit.". Which IDE's do you guys use and suggest? I don't need anything fancy, just something free with simple debugging.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:28 pm   Post subject: RE:Ide???

Quote:
just something free with simple debugging.

That's a lot to ask for, really. I suggest you go for nothing more than syntax highlighting, and debug yourself. It's worth it, trust me. At any rate, debugging is half the fun!

Get notepad++ and the python highlighter (does it come with it? I dunno) and you should be fine.

Seriously. Don't bother with a debugger until you can debug most issues on your own. Debuggers are cheat codes, and you haven't earned them yet.
Nathan4102

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:02 pm   Post subject: RE:Ide???

I got notepad++, and now I'm trying to figure out how to run programs with it. Thanks for the tips!
Cancer Sol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:10 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Ide???

Insectoid @ 3/26/2013, 6:28 pm wrote:
Quote:
just something free with simple debugging.

That's a lot to ask for, really. I suggest you go for nothing more than syntax highlighting, and debug yourself. It's worth it, trust me. At any rate, debugging is half the fun!

Get notepad++ and the python highlighter (does it come with it? I dunno) and you should be fine.

Seriously. Don't bother with a debugger until you can debug most issues on your own. Debuggers are cheat codes, and you haven't earned them yet.

Notepad++ does have Python syntax highlighting, just checked.

@nathan To run a program, I'm guessing you'll have to compiler for python. I'm not sure though.
ishidon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Ide???

Try Wing IDE. Very easy to use and set up.
andrew.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:23 pm   Post subject: RE:Ide???

I don't usually program in Python other than small scripts here and there, so Sublime Text + Terminal works fine for me.
yazdmich

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:49 am   Post subject: Re: Ide???

I use Portable Python, which comes with PyScripter, also using Codecademy's python stream, and IDEOne as my pastebin (has a built-in python compiler)
Cancer Sol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Ide???

Guys, he already has what he wants. No need to continue (which I do sometimes continue it without knowing, so don't worry to much).
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> Programming, Python -> Python Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: