Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Lamer rank
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Cancer Sol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:21 pm   Post subject: Lamer rank

How the heck did Honey get the "Lamer" rank even though he/she has 0 posts? Through pm's?

And don't ask why I'm always asking about rankings Razz
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:38 pm   Post subject: RE:Lamer rank

Consider that Dan is user #2, I'm user #5 and "Honey" is #6. (1,3,4 do not exist).
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 am   Post subject: RE:Lamer rank

The "Lamer" rank is not a positive thing to have. It used to be given to banned users who did something overly dumb to get banned. It was also given to some users as a joke (e.g. Martin).

The account "Honey" is not a real user but a place holder for some of the behind the scenes stuff on the site that deals with spam and needs a user ID. "Honey" is short for "Honeypot": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeypot_%28computing%29
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Cancer Sol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Lamer rank

Oh I see... I know that lamer rank isn't a good rank though, I asked Insectoid about it.
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: