Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 [Possibility of harmful programs]
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Mr. Gruntsworthy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:02 am   Post subject: (No subject)

well, i used msconfig to stop Norton from coming up. Short of reinstalling like you said i think this is pretty much all i can do. but technically, Norton really is Malware
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:12 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

As much as I pitty you for running windows and it's associated craptacular anti-virus, this is not the thread to be discussing it. This thread is a warning about the possibility of someone posting a virus (*.exe) and claiming it is their program.

There are plenty of other windows related problem threads that anti-virus has and can continue to be discussed in.
Mr. Gruntsworthy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:01 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

what kind of OS are you running? If i could take a guess, id say you were running a Mac.

as far as Turing goes, it can't be used to create a virus, can it? ( i know people will post viruses regardless of what computer programming language it is) but is it technically possible to write a virus with turing?
md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:24 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

Mr. Gruntsworthy wrote:
what kind of OS are you running? If i could take a guess, id say you were running a Mac.

as far as Turing goes, it can't be used to create a virus, can it? ( i know people will post viruses regardless of what computer programming language it is) but is it technically possible to write a virus with turing?

Guess again, and yes. But since people have been known to post zipped exes there realy is no way of telling what was used to write the code; or even if they wrote it themselves. Even source code though can hide malicious code; obfuscation is an art that is rather well known and highly developed.
Mr. Gruntsworthy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:09 am   Post subject: (No subject)

Okay, my final guess is that you're running on Linux.

What programming language is the majority of computer viruses written in?
Prince Pwn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:14 pm   Post subject: (No subject)

For those who complain about Windows and it's insecurity: Wait a few months and get Vista, then turn on all the enhanced security features. But be warned, having too much security will drive you crazy. I ran the beta and it kept fading the screen and asked "Are you sure" when you went to modify a file (eg:rename,delete,move). I disabled that in the settings.

I'm pretty sure you can still File.Delete on Vista and the warning wont pop up though.
evildaddy911

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:48 am   Post subject: (No subject)

[quote="it is compleatly another to just brudaly rape someone's HDD, flooding it with junk in places noone would look Rolling Eyes[/quote]
yeah, but i do it to my brother all the time Blowing up
TRUEAnonymous

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:46 pm   Post subject: RE:[Possibility of harmful programs]

I agree to the post and just i case i have an antivirus protecting me
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
storm2713687

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:16 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:[Possibility of harmful programs]

When I do get better and can make good programs, I'm probably just going to post the source Razz
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 4 of 4  [ 54 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: