Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 q5 clarify
Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:22 pm   Post subject: q5 clarify

I understand the question to the most part, but when it says for the input, that is a maximum length the pattern has to be, is that, is one pattern touching all 9 buttons? so if it was of length 1 would it be a maximum of touching all 9?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:01 pm   Post subject: RE:q5 clarify

I don't understand what you are asking about the 9 buttons. There's a sample case of "size 1" in the question. Does the output to the sample case confirm your understanding of the requirement?
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:05 pm   Post subject: RE:q5 clarify

I am ok now I think I understand
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:30 pm   Post subject: RE:q5 clarify

I got pretty bad on this dwite, on the first one did 24 - instead of - 24, but for that last question as I understood you were supposed to figure out the total amount of patterns with a certain length, I made every single button have an integer value on the possible steps from that position, now I understood how you got 56 from 1, you just add up all the moves for each button, but when you do 2, wouldnt you take the add the different 2 length patterns so if you were on button 1 that would have 5 locations and you would go total += location[1]*location[possible Edges]?
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:45 pm   Post subject: RE:q5 clarify

AJ would be the best person to talk to about Q5. I think he's planning on some writeups over the next couple of days.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
A.J

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:15 pm   Post subject: RE:q5 clarify

Yeah, just posted the write up: http://compsci.ca/v3/viewtopic.php?p=269811#269811
   Index -> CompSci.ca, Contests -> DWITE
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: