Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Importing Image on top of background
Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:04 pm   Post subject: Importing Image on top of background

How would I import image (of mountains) on top of a blue sky background (drawn using a drawline then drawfill)
I'm not sure how i would do it so that the white background of a jpg isnt there and it's just the mountains.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Importing Image on top of background

Assuming you're using Turing and not Java, look up Pic.Merge().

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Image on top of background

Can't find it D:
could you post a link to an explaination/explain how it works?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Image on top of background

And yeah it's on turing.

Thanks!!!
Insectoid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:40 pm   Post subject: RE:Importing Image on top of background

Oh, my bad. Look up the different modes under Pic.Draw. You'll want Pic.SetTransparentColor as well.

A word of warning- compressed images are not your friend here. If you try it, you'll very quickly realize why. Stick to bitmaps.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:47 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Image on top of background

Thanks, I get it now. That's alot of help.

One other thing.

%import image of background window and wall
picWindowandWallBackground:=Pic.FileNew("WindowAndWallBackground.jpg")
Pic.Draw (picWindowandWallBackground, 1,1,picCopy)
%mountain background
picMountainBackground:=Pic.FileNew("MountainsBackground.jpg")
Pic.Draw(picWindowandWallBackground, 200,350,picMerge)

I'm trying to import two different pics, but it ends up only importing the first one twice. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Image on top of background

That was a really stupid mistake I see it now. Sorry for wasting your time...
   Index -> Programming, Java -> Java Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: