Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Just got a conditional acceptance from UofW, anyone else?
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
threepoint14159

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm   Post subject: Just got a conditional acceptance from UofW, anyone else?

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

My Quest also indicates that I have been conditionally accepted.

Just for reference, my overall average for last year was about a 96%, and this year so far:

SCH4U - 95
SPH4U - 94
TEJ4M - 98
Average - 95.67

Although, considering my relatively mediocre marks, is there any possibly that this acceptance was in error?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Just got a conditional acceptance from UofW, anyone else?

You should be fine, unless your english grade is terrible. Doesn't UW take your top 6 grades? I only see thee there.
threepoint14159

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:55 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Just got a conditional acceptance from UofW, anyone else?

Insectoid @ Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:53 pm wrote:
You should be fine, unless your english grade is terrible. Doesn't UW take your top 6 grades? I only see thee there.

I'm actually not too sure concerning that, but I do have 3 other grade 12 courses, 2 of which were taken last year, and 1 of which was taken in summer school:
MHF4U - 99
MCV4U - 95
ENG4U - 89
Insectoid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:01 pm   Post subject: RE:Just got a conditional acceptance from UofW, anyone else?

You've got nothing to worry about. I see nothing conditional in your screenshot. If you're in any doubt, talk to your school's guidance counsellor and he'll sort it out for you.
threepoint14159

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:14 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Just got a conditional acceptance from UofW, anyone else?

Insectoid @ Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:01 pm wrote:
You've got nothing to worry about. I see nothing conditional in your screenshot. If you're in any doubt, talk to your school's guidance counsellor and he'll sort it out for you.

Ah, thank you very much.
crossley7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:07 am   Post subject: RE:Just got a conditional acceptance from UofW, anyone else?

The statement conditional is that you are accepted with the expectation that you will get your diploma with x as your average. You will probably be mailed a folder with the specific information about the conditions. Everyone receives a 'conditional' acceptance initially.

Those are some kickass marks so I'm not sure what you are saying about mediocre. They are marginally higher or equivalent to my marks when I was accepted and I haven't had any issues to this point.

Basically read your acceptance letter when it arrives and that should clear up most of your questions. Congrats on getting in early.
threepoint14159

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Just got a conditional acceptance from UofW, anyone else?

crossley7 @ Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:07 am wrote:
The statement conditional is that you are accepted with the expectation that you will get your diploma with x as your average. You will probably be mailed a folder with the specific information about the conditions. Everyone receives a 'conditional' acceptance initially.

Those are some kickass marks so I'm not sure what you are saying about mediocre. They are marginally higher or equivalent to my marks when I was accepted and I haven't had any issues to this point.

Basically read your acceptance letter when it arrives and that should clear up most of your questions. Congrats on getting in early.

That cleared it up for me, thanks!
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: