Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 McMaster CS cutoff?
Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
MiniMac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:39 pm   Post subject: McMaster CS cutoff?

Anyone know what the cutoff was last year for those that got accepted? in the booklet it says low 80's.. Would I be ok with an 82 or 83 average?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Panphobia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:50 pm   Post subject: RE:McMaster CS cutoff?

My friend got in to McMaster's CS program with an 89 average, but I know some people who have gotten in with 80, but they were extremely involved extra curricularly etc..etc..but don't take my word 100% I bet someone knows more than me about this
Tony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:57 pm   Post subject: RE:McMaster CS cutoff?

That's not how cutoffs work. Universities accept a fixed number of students, not everyone above some bar. They start from their top choices, and work their way down until this fixed number of open spots are accounted for with offers. Last year this particular university ran out of open spots once they got down to "low 80s".

That being said, you're basically on the fence. You might get in; you might have to hope that more than the expected number of students ahead of you in line will decline their offer first.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Panphobia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 am   Post subject: RE:McMaster CS cutoff?

Yea, I totally forgot about that, yea the cut off mark depends on the grades of the people that have already applied. But usually they have a suggested average, like mid 80's.
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 am   Post subject: RE:McMaster CS cutoff?

I would aim to get that 82 or 83 up a little more if I could just to be safe. You might make it in with that, but it's better to err on the side of having too high of a mark.
swapnilshah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:06 pm   Post subject: Re: McMaster CS cutoff?

How is McMaster's reputation for CompSci?
Panphobia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:14 pm   Post subject: RE:McMaster CS cutoff?

offtopic from the thread ^ dont spam unrelated topics
   Index -> Student Life
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: