Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Any compilers compatible with Windows 8?
Index -> Programming, C -> C Help
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Fexter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 pm   Post subject: Any compilers compatible with Windows 8?

I recently bought a new computer, and I want to use a C compiler for it. However, I've been having a problem where anything I download doesn't seem to be working correctly -- When I press build on any compiler (I tried Dev-C++ and Code::Blocks), it doesn't do anything.

I'm not sure if this would be the right place for it (Perhaps a Windows 8 forum or something for the actual compiler), but I want to try here to see if anyone knows how to fix this.

Could this be a Windows 8 issue? It worked fine on my old Windows 7 computer, but once I got Windows 8, it stopped being able to build anything. If that is the case, does anyone know of any compilers that would work?
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:40 pm   Post subject: RE:Any compilers compatible with Windows 8?

You could try the Windows 8 SDK straight from Microsoft, which should be compatible with Dev-C++ and Code::Blocks.
Fexter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:11 pm   Post subject: RE:Any compilers compatible with Windows 8?

@Insect
Okay, thank you.
   Index -> Programming, C -> C Help
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: