Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 will this work to solve complex matrices?
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
ecookman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:52 am   Post subject: will this work to solve complex matrices?

So...just brutally [estimated mark ~20% where a pass is 70%] failed an electronics term 2 exam on ac circuits because I completely forgot to study solving complex matrices ... i smrt... ikr Cussing
Would this method work if I had all of my values in polar form and just carried the angles when solving with cramers rule...ex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO4hpSyxH9g&feature=related

2∡63?X + 5∡-90?Y = 5
6∡-25?X + 5∡45?Y = 18

Or would it work if I had them in rectangular form

[2+j5]X + [25-j6]Y = 4
[6- j2]X + [3+ j7]Y = 6

Then convert to polar at the end to divide for the final value....But what would I do with the irrational part? Thinking

Any input or an easier way to do this would be awesome lol... probably wont be able to put it to good use till next year though :/
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dreadnought

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:49 pm   Post subject: Re: will this work to solve complex matrices?

I would just tend to row-reduce the matrix, it works the same way with complex matrices as with real matrices, except that the scalars are complex.
ecookman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:37 pm   Post subject: RE:will this work to solve complex matrices?

that takes forever O_O
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: