Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Building a new gaming rig. Need suggestions.
Index -> General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
mirhagk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:30 pm   Post subject: RE:Building a new gaming rig. Need suggestions.

Price-wise it's irrelevant, because both NCIX and canadacomputers (maybe tiger direct too) price match.

I like canada computers because they have physical stores near me, whereas NCIX's are far away. Both have good and bad customer service sometimes. As recently as 2 weeks ago I ordered a tablet from NCIX with the express 2-3 day shipping, it was processed and everything first day, and was in stock, but wasn't actually shipped out until a week later, and I got it another 3 days after that.(which really sucked as I needed it for school). Online customer service literally never responded (I checked on about 5 times a day, live support was never there, sent about 3 or 4 emails no response) and the phone system was the worst I've ever seen. I waited 2 hours on the system, then when it finally rang through, I got someone's answering machine (and it was 2pm, so it was not closed or at lunch).

In my personal experience the place doesn't make a difference(price matching, and customer service helpfulness changes frequently), dealing with physical people is usually easiest, plus it's also faster to pick it up yourself, so go with whatever one has a store nearest you.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
   Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 16 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: