Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features
Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Amarylis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:22 pm   Post subject: RE:Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

Okay, that worked! Thank you.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:50 am   Post subject: Re: Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

trishume @ Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 pm wrote:
Personally I think the github page with the read me is fine.

If someone wants to make it I can also host it. Or we could use github pages. (I.E openturing.github.com)
My domain is http://tristan.hume.ca/

Also I made a short url for the github page: http://git.io/opent
Yes, I know OpenT was something completely different.

I can make it in my free time, it would be up to you to choose your domain or github as it is primarily your project.
trishume

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

I have fixed a few bugs and bumped the version number to 1.0.1.

The download link is the same but it now is for the new version.

Change log:
- Structure completion (Ctrl+Enter) now works on "body" and "pervasive" functions/procs as well as ones marked with an asterisk (pervasive shorthand)
- Fixed the double click bug ( in the main distro )
- Syntax highlighting for new features.

So download v1.0.1 if you want the fixes. Same link.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:53 pm   Post subject: RE:Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

Just wanted to point out that Time.Date doesn't seem to work. I don't know about any of the other functions, but I know taht one crashes turing.
trishume

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that.

About 50% of the bugs in Open Turing that aren't in normal Turing are my fault and 50% are the fact that OT started from 4.1.2 which was not fully tested.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:09 am   Post subject: RE:Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

I remember hearing about Open-T a while back.. but I thought it just died off. This is pretty sweet that it has finally come around. I put it to the test by attempting to load one of my large turing projects... and the whole IDE crashed :S ... Well there's bound to be bugs. I'll have to play around with it some more. The OpenGL should be fun to play with.
shadowtrinity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:10 pm   Post subject: RE:Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

@Colin Open-T is another project. Open Turing, may be another open source project, but I believe there is no relation. Also, I think this project was going to nicknamed Open-T, but do to the fact that someone has already used it, the name stayed the same.
shadowtrinity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:12 pm   Post subject: RE:Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

As a second note anyone have any good ideas to add to Open Turing. Specifically a new design or idea to fix the bad splash screen and odd icons that open turing has.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raknarg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

Hey, I have a suggestion, if it's still being worked on.

One thing that annoys me in turing is that arrays dont work like strings do. For isntance, you could say:

var b : string := a (1 .. 3)

but you cannot do something like

var a : array 1 .. 3 := a (1 .. 3)

IF that could be included, I would be happy.
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:47 pm   Post subject: RE:Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

Also, functions should be able to result arrays of undefined length, I'm sure other languages do that
TRUEAnonymous

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

Seems interesting, but i think the old Turing is just as fast as i need
vahnx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:22 pm   Post subject: RE:Open Turing - 20-40% Faster Open Source Version of Turing With New Features

I love 1.2. I'm glad someone is finally continuing Turing.
Edit: Bummer, not sure why some of my Holtsoft Turing code wont run. Must have removed something important :p
   Index -> Programming, Turing -> Turing Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 5 of 5  [ 72 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: