Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Diablo 3 Open Beta
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
S_Grimm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:32 am   Post subject: Diablo 3 Open Beta

In case anyone was wanting to try it before the release day, there is an open beta this weekend.
you need a battle.net account and some other stuff. more info here: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/20/diablo-3-open-beta-weekend-begins-today/
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
evildaddy911

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Diablo 3 Open Beta

The game's 15 and a half gigs??
Too bad my computers from '01... Or i might have been able to download the whole thing... Sad
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:00 am   Post subject: RE:Diablo 3 Open Beta

It astounds me that games like Diablo and WoW take up so much space (WoW is pushing 30gb these days, isn't it?) yet Skyrim requires only 6gb. I'm sure there's a logical reason for this (WoW takes up space 'cause they keep adding new textures and models but can't remove the old ones) but I don't know it.
RandomLetters

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:09 pm   Post subject: RE:Diablo 3 Open Beta

Blizzard used a lot of prerendered cutscenes for D2 and starcraft. I think Skyrim's cutscenes were all rendered in game. That could account for some of the difference.

At 15 g, I think ill just wait for the release.
[Gandalf]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:37 pm   Post subject: RE:Diablo 3 Open Beta

Bandwidth and storage are cheap these days, get with the times! I did a 6 hour marathon this weekend, and my impression is that it's pretty good. Smile Mostly, I dislike how linear the game is. You can't even distribute stats or skills how you want. While that's perhaps not a bad trend, there really is not much else that can vary from player to player. Most levels are randomly generated, and the items you pick up are different, but that's about it... The classes, plot, and overall gameplay are fun though. I'm not going to run out and buy it right at release like SC2 but I'll almost certainly buy it.

I don't think Diablo 3 will have any pre-rendered cut-scenes. At least, I didn't see any in the beta.
S_Grimm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:05 am   Post subject: RE:Diablo 3 Open Beta

without actually looking at the files, im going to assume that a large portion of the game is textures. thats my guess anyway.

@Insectoid, with Cataclysm installed, im at something like 25gb... (WoW directory size)
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: