Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Question for Someone who knows
Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
S_Grimm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:11 am   Post subject: Question for Someone who knows

What's the maximum negitive your Karma can go to? I feel like trying to get the lowest Karma I can. Just wondering if -100 is too low or if it is still gettable?

Also, can everyone please start downing my karma? thanks a bunch!

EDIT: WOOT! -2 more Karma Already! Thanks everybody!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Raknarg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:09 pm   Post subject: RE:Question for Someone who knows

1. I think Velocity's got that covered.
2. There's no limit. But after a certain point, you'll probably get banned anyway.
Sur_real

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:56 pm   Post subject: RE:Question for Someone who knows

Yeah, but if you do manage to catch up to Velocity... >.>
S_Grimm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:07 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Question for Someone who knows

Sur_real @ Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:56 pm wrote:
Yeah, but if you do manage to catch up to Velocity... >.>

Nah, Im just going for a record of lowest Karma. I doubt anyone could catch up to his stupidity......
Raknarg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:16 pm   Post subject: RE:Question for Someone who knows

He currently has amassed a large amount of negative karma. Assuming he still decides to post, he'll probably keep the lead. You'll have to work hard.
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:25 pm   Post subject: RE:Question for Someone who knows

I thought Velocity got banned.
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
S_Grimm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:43 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Question for Someone who knows

Tony @ Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:25 pm wrote:
I thought Velocity got banned.

That will make my record even easier to obtain!

Raknarg wrote:

He currently has amassed a large amount of negative karma. Assuming he still decides to post, he'll probably keep the lead. You'll have to work hard.

If Tony is correct then all I'll have to do is surpass his negative karma with my own negative karma and I'll be in the lead. Until, you know, he
Velocity wrote:
obvs set up an external port and reroute the i.p address.
and attempts to re-registers an account here... In say 10 years when he figures out what a proxy is.

EDIT: Another Negative karma! Thanks again!
Raknarg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:21 pm   Post subject: RE:Question for Someone who knows

Careful, Tony's getting pretty close too.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:42 pm   Post subject: RE:Question for Someone who knows

Negative karma will not get you banned automatically, however getting 10 warnings will (which Velocity accomplished).

The limit on negtive karma would be the point where the value will overflow in the database. With out looking at the database to see the type it is stored as this is probably 2147483647 if it is an signed int or 4294967295 if it is an unsigned int.

Also you can accumulate negtive karma while banned, so Velocity may still have a chance :p
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
S_Grimm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:46 am   Post subject: Re: RE:Question for Someone who knows

Raknarg @ Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:21 pm wrote:
Careful, Tony's getting pretty close too.

He is isn't he?

Dan wrote:

Also you can accumulate negtive karma while banned, so Velocity may still have a chance p

That's good to know. However if he can't post in new threads, the chances of someone looking him up and giving him negative karma go down Smile

Edit: Dan is tied with Tony. Now both Dan and Tony are pretty close Razz
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm   Post subject: RE:Question for Someone who knows

I think ecookman will still be beating you for some time to come since he got everyone to give him -66 (he has more now) two years ago. Razz
Raknarg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:20 pm   Post subject: RE:Question for Someone who knows

@Dan I said that because I would assume that after someone gets enough negative karma, it would be obvious that no one here likes them, resulting in an admin banning him.

Also, I didn't know Velocity was banned. Me and smool were having fun looking at his posts. Too bad.
ProgrammingFun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:02 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Question for Someone who knows

Raknarg @ Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:20 pm wrote:
@Dan I said that because I would assume that after someone gets enough negative karma, it would be obvious that no one here likes them, resulting in an admin banning him.

Some forums do have the functionality, though I think the ban card method is better because a lot of new people give negative karma because they want you to do their homework for them.
S_Grimm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:Question for Someone who knows

ProgrammingFun @ Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm wrote:
I think ecookman will still be beating you for some time to come since he got everyone to give him -66 (he has more now) two years ago. Razz

Whaaaat? That just means I have to work harder. Hrm.... How about 2 cookies for everyone?
Raknarg wrote:

Or is purposely asking for negative karma just to have a large amount of it Razz
Raknarg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:25 pm   Post subject: RE:Question for Someone who knows

Well it'd be obvious if the negative karma reflected the attitude of the user, such as Velocity
   Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: