Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 Have you learned a functional programming language?
Index -> Programming, General Programming -> Functional Programming
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

I've learned...
(No ending time set)
A dynamically-typed functional programming language (Scheme, Lisp)
23%
 23%  [ 8 ]
A statically-typed functional programming language (Haskell, O'Caml)
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
A not -entirely-functional language with functional aspects (Io, Ruby, etc.)
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
Java is a functional programming language!
23%
 23%  [ 8 ]
What's a programming language?
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 34

wtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:36 am   Post subject: Have you learned a functional programming language?

Have fun!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:50 am   Post subject: RE:Have you learned a functional programming language?

I like the range of options Wink
Latest from compsci.ca/blog: Tony's programming blog. DWITE - a programming contest.
Sniper4Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:36 pm   Post subject: RE:Have you learned a functional programming language?

i think there should be a "none of the above" option Very Happy
BigBear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:44 pm   Post subject: RE:Have you learned a functional programming language?

I am pretty sure the What's a programming language is "none of the above" because it is about functions and any one seeing this on compsci would know what a programming language is
btiffin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:17 pm   Post subject: RE:Have you learned a functional programming language?

I was looking for an "all of the above", but from the short list of the 6, the most hours in had to go to the Guile implementation of Scheme.

Now I'll add ... try Falcon. Giancarlo has some nifty ideas and his multi-paradigm approach (meaning the functional features aren't pure) is more genius than chaos (as might be expected of a scripting language that is a procedurally functional object oriented template language with tabular flavourings), imho.

Cheers
Tyr_God_Of_War

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:09 am   Post subject: RE:Have you learned a functional programming language?

What about all but Java? I'm scheme/Haskell kinnda guy, but I do use Ruby/Python at times.
   Index -> Programming, General Programming -> Functional Programming
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: