Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 2010 ECOO Board Question 3
Index -> Contests
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
crossley7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:32 pm   Post subject: 2010 ECOO Board Question 3

This question is the question involving fewest number of tiles. I am wondering for a test case of input 7 6 if the output would be 7 (3x2) tiles or 21 (1x2) tiles. Just trying to interpret the question properly. I found the question at this link http://ecoo.org/ecoocs/contests/ecoo_2010.pdf
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:28 pm   Post subject: RE:2010 ECOO Board Question 3

You want to minimize the number of tiles required (i.e. maximize the dimensions of the tiles used).
crossley7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:59 pm   Post subject: RE:2010 ECOO Board Question 3

Ok, that is what i thought, I was just checking that I had interpreted the question correctly. I'm looking forward to this year and am just doing a few past contests to get ready. Hopefully crossley can send both teams from DSBN this year
A.J

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:46 am   Post subject: RE:2010 ECOO Board Question 3

Well, hopefully I'll be in Canada long enough to accompany our teams as a teacher. Will Mr. Hughes be there? It has been a few years since I have emailed him, and I had never met him before.
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 Posts ]
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: