Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG
Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Submissions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:37 pm   Post subject: RE:PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG

Btw, here is an example of an exploit I knew about/planted:
I added an unbelievably strong item to the market with the seller name "Dan", but no user named "Dan" existed, so creating that user would entitle them to that item Wink.

Now that i've said that, I had to create that character though, heh.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Zren

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:43 pm   Post subject: RE:PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG

Uhg, dammit. I knew there wasn't a character named Dan too when I did the cookie exploit. I should'a thought of that. >.<
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:56 pm   Post subject: RE:PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG

Hehe Wink.

At least you have your "highly useful" Hackers Seal of Pain
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:50 pm   Post subject: RE:PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG

This makes a rather fun hacking game:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:57 pm   Post subject: RE:PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG

Sneaky.. lol.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:05 pm   Post subject: RE:PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG

There, that should patch that up, lol.
I'm actually enjoying your "hacking", XD. Makes for quite the amusement
DanShadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:27 pm   Post subject: RE:PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG

Nice use of " & lt ". Blocked a few more characters now Wink

I'm curious to what you did with test2 & test3...

Both characters were recently created, but neither characters have a "map" starting position, nor equipment, nor the gold obtained from selling equipment, nor any equipment in marketplace.
Hopefully the "fluffy kitty" jokes didn't make you want to do something destructive Sad
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:15 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG

DanShadow @ 21st September 2010, 9:27 pm wrote:

Both characters were recently created, but neither characters have a "map" starting position, nor equipment, nor the gold obtained from selling equipment, nor any equipment in marketplace.
Hopefully the "fluffy kitty" jokes didn't make you want to do something destructive Sad

Nothing destructive, i just wanted to see what happens if i created a caracter with out a class. Turns out they get no items and are put in nowhere land :p

It is possible to modifey the account creation fourm to put in some other class, but it does not help you at all, just messes up your account.
Computer Science Canada Help with programming in C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB and more!
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:21 pm   Post subject: RE:PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG

DanShadow, take a look at the market place, i made you sell your pants. LOLS

Will PM how i did it, as it is a rather large hole (allows access to any users account).

Update:

Who is the fluffy kitty now? :p

Update 2:

I obtained your password hash and cracked your hashing algorthim, i have your plain text password. You realy should be using MD5 or SHA1 at a minum rather then trying to make your own hashing algorthim.

See:
http://php.net/manual/en/function.md5.php
http://php.net/manual/en/function.sha1.php

PMing you your password as proof.
DanShadow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:29 pm   Post subject: RE:PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG

Haha, thank you. I have retrieved my pants btw.

Upon reconsidering my hashing algorithm, I definitely see how it could be easily cracked if somebody had access to 2+ accounts.

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll definitely have to implement that!
DanShadow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:11 pm   Post subject: RE:PHP Multiplayer Online Browser Fantasy RPG

There we go, implemented your suggestion.
Thanks, that's a realllly useful technique to know for the future!
   Index -> Programming, PHP -> PHP Submissions
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicRate TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 3 of 3  [ 41 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: