Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB
Computer Science Canada 
Programming C, C++, Java, PHP, Ruby, Turing, VB  

Username:   Password: 
 RegisterRegister   
 ECOO 2010 Gag order
Index -> Contests
Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic Printable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:13 pm   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

Well, ECOO regional for our contest set are over. Time for discussion? Definitely.

I spent the entire 3 hours working on the cipher. Pseudo-coded for the first hour, typed it in in 15 minutes, fixed up syntax and small errors in 5 minutes, got excited when it worked *almost* perfectly, then spent the rest of the contest trying to figure out what was wrong with my program when, with 10 minutes left in the contest I realized I was using the xor operator wrong and proceeded to write my own xor function which I did not complete in time. Good thing my other team members managed to finish their question.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
bbi5291

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:41 pm   Post subject: Re: ECOO 2010 Gag order

One region doesn't write until next Saturday!
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:43 pm   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

bbi5291, they have a different set of problems, so it's okay to discuss the London contest.
A.J

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:35 pm   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

no it isn't. the central region write the same contest next week, with same questions.
Insectoid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:57 am   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

Hun, I was misinformed then.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:59 pm   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

It is a different set of problems. For the boardwide we don't worry too much because cheating just means your board will send a weaker team. For regionals though we try a little harder to ensure no cheating.
A.J

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:28 pm   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

Ah, my bad. I was under the impression that the Central and Western Region got the same problems, whereas the Eastern region got different ones, because in the 'Past Contests' web page Central and Western had the same problem set.
McKenzie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:45 pm   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

Normally it is Eastern that has a problem with the date, this time it was central.
Sponsor
Sponsor
Sponsor
sponsor
A.J

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:20 am   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

Oh, that makes sense.

Also, Mr.McKenzie, is it possible for you to add the 2009 problems to the 'Past Contest' web page? As we would like to take a look at last year's questions as practice (as I seem to have misplaced the actual copy from last year).
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:08 pm   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

so, who will be at ECOO provincials this saturday? I'll be on the E.L. Crossley Team.
bbi5291

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:27 pm   Post subject: Re: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

saltpro15 @ Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:08 pm wrote:
so, who will be at ECOO provincials this saturday? I'll be on the E.L. Crossley Team.
I will, but Jacob won't (some music commitment). This means we'll be using Linux/g++/sensible keyboard... watch out!
A.J

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:54 pm   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

I will, and being our team's last year (as we are all grade 12's), we will be trying our best.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:38 pm   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

everybody bring rubik's cubes ( to be extra nerdy) and tissues (for when Brian beats us all)
A.J

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:03 pm   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

Well, I am bringing my GameBoy Color with Pokemon on it (Red, Blue, Yellow and Gold versions, for those of you who want to know). Also, Mr.McKenzie, when will the teams who advanced to the Finals be posted on the 'Finals' webpage? I am curious to find out where the other schools are from.
saltpro15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:08 pm   Post subject: RE:ECOO 2010 Gag order

looks like the final teams are posted.

Mr. McKenzie, it's not a big deal, but we are actually E.L. Crossley* from the District School Board Of Niagara Laughing probably my fault for writing down our info, my handwriting's not the best
   Index -> Contests
View previous topic Tell A FriendPrintable versionDownload TopicSubscribe to this topicPrivate MessagesRefresh page View next topic

Page 2 of 2  [ 30 Posts ]
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to:   

Style:  
Search: